Deer/wild hog snack sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sketter11205

Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Texas
Made snack sticks ( slim Jim's ) today.. Used fresh deer and fresh wild hog taken a week ago. Deboned and cubed to run through my small grinder On a course die. Mixed and seasoned meat with different spices see pic below. Then grinded meat again with mid. Die. I built my smokehouse last week and cured yesterday. Finished stuffing slim Jim's about 2 pm and let dry on kitchen table under ceiling fan..mean time got the smoker fired up and warming up. 3pm got slim Jim's in smokehouse . Smoking with mosquite wood chucks.. Adacamy was out of hickory after that what I cured it with .. Oh well! Held temp at 130-135F for 2 hrs.. And easing it up 10 degrees till I get to 165F.. Blessing of my smokehouse hope it turns out good !!

Looks like your off to a great start.............................
popcorn.gif

Well, got them out of the smokehouse and inside. Got them cut up and letting them finish cooling .. Didn't put them in ice because I wanted the Snap! From the casing. Go a great smoke taste from the mosquite wood. Here are a few pics with them before I pulled them out.

Made another 30Ibs. Of snack sticks last nite. Pretty much same recipe. A little of this and little of that.. First round I spread the weight out on sticks between 5 sticks.. This time I loaded them all on 3 sticks to get an idea how much I can run.

30 lbs of snack stick...... dang....you were sure busy for a while..... Nice job....
icon14.gif

Ya I was busy... 3-4 hrs. From start to finish making them...then about 7hrs. Smoking them. Got 16 hogs yesterday that I'm going to process for an Org. I run.. But next will be link sausage.. So, deboning starts in the morning!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky