Deep Thought...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.

My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Nothing.” She then said, "That's what you did yesterday!”

I replied, "I WASN'T DONE, SO I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF FINISHING RIGHT NOW.”

The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?" At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.

Finally, I pondered an age-old question: "Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?" Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?

Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion.

A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child.” On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts.”

I rest my case. Time for another beer, and then maybe a nap.

LOL---Good one Dave!!
Reminds me of something My Dad told me about:
Dad was a "Muleskinner" in WW2, and one day one of the Mules kicked him in the gut. He said "The guys cured the Mule". 2 guys took him down, and a third guy kicked him hard in the Nuts. He said That Mule never kicked any of the guys again!

Bear

Yes, I was at a tavern eating dinner with wife and her best friend, who never had kids, after a silly theatre play. Play was nonsense and we had nothing to talk about so I just tried this on them. Absolutely no argument, both just nodded and went on with another conversation.

• Wow
Reactions: daveomak
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child.” On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts.”

I rest my case. Time for another beer, and then maybe a nap.

As a retired engineer, I agree with your reasoning. Very logical.

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky