Deep Frying

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

roller

Smoking Guru
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 10, 2010
N.E. Louisiana
Is it ok to brine a whole turkey or chicken that I am going to deep fry whole...I don`t want to create a bomb in my fryer...Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and God bless you and your families and friends..

There was a thread going around a few days ago about smoking then frying a turkey. There were two thoughts either you would smoke the bird fully and then just fry it to crisp up the skin or you would smoke the bird for a few hours for flavor then fry it to finish the cooking and crisp up the skin. Are you going to smoke yours at all or just brine and fry? That was my only worry if you get too much moisture in there is your oil going to go crazy and boil over. That would be bad news.

Don't!!!

You can inject the night b4 and then wipe excess moisture off the outside and inside before submerging in hot oil.

Brining would leave to much liquid in a bird that was just going to be fried.

Inject with a good butter marinade and fry the next day.  Less boil over problem and still a very moist bird.  

icon_cool.gif

I agree with my Cajuns buddies. Don't brine a bird thats gonna be fried. It was a good idea but........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky