1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Deep Frying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roller, Nov 23, 2010.

1. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Is it ok to brine a whole turkey or chicken that I am going to deep fry whole...I don`t want to create a bomb in my fryer...Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and God bless you and your families and friends..

2. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

There was a thread going around a few days ago about smoking then frying a turkey. There were two thoughts either you would smoke the bird fully and then just fry it to crisp up the skin or you would smoke the bird for a few hours for flavor then fry it to finish the cooking and crisp up the skin. Are you going to smoke yours at all or just brine and fry? That was my only worry if you get too much moisture in there is your oil going to go crazy and boil over. That would be bad news.

3. roller

Brine and deep fry and thats what scares me....to much moisture....

4. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Don't!!!

You can inject the night b4 and then wipe excess moisture off the outside and inside before submerging in hot oil.

Brining would leave to much liquid in a bird that was just going to be fried.

5. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Inject with a good butter marinade and fry the next day.  Less boil over problem and still a very moist bird.  

6. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

I agree with my Cajuns buddies. Don't brine a bird thats gonna be fried. It was a good idea but........

7. roller

Thanks Guys !!!!!!!!!!