Deep Fryer recommendation...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Fixithud

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Virginia
Looking for a deep fryer that holds about 2-3 qts of oil. Don't need a really big unit. Biggest issue that I am having is max temp. Some of these units seem to be barely able to hold 350-370 degrees. I would like to be able to get 400 degrees and know it will recover well at whatever temp.

I want an electric unit with adjustable temp. prefer to have a basket.

Any recommendations. Thanks!!

After a lot of internet searching I chose this.
I am a cheapskate but it works very well and does not stink the house up as much as my previous fryer.
The oil filtration and storage module work well.
For $79 it rocks.
But I must add that 400 is too hot for deep frying, 350 is all you need.
Kalorik 3.2 Quart Deep Fryer with Oil Filtration, Stainless Steel

Kalorik 3.2 Quart Deep Fryer with Oil Filtration, Stainless Steel
I have that style and used it for years. It does work good but uses lot of oil. Since it just me I have starting using a small best buy one and pour oil in one of those strainer pitcher made to strain oil. I will bring oil to 375 than turn to 350 after putting in food.

I've had and used this fryer for 7 years... 1 gallon hold heat well... Very good temp control.. I would not trade it for anything... I strain and refrigerate the oil to save it for later use..

Breville BDF500XL Smart Fryer Silver, 15 x 10.5 x 11 inches

1627656133591.png

About this item

• Cool Zone Technology prevents excess burning and extends oil life.Voltage:110 - 120 Volts
  • Mesh filter minimizes cooking odors
  • Stainless steel frying basket and cooking bowl are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
  • Electronic thermostat allows oil to rapidly recover back to desired frying temp
  • 4 quart oil capacity and a 2.5 pound frying basket capacity

1627656530233.png

HAUSPROFI Stainless Steel Funnel, 13cm 304 Stainless Steel Kitchen Funnel with 200 Mesh Food Filter Strainer for Transferring Liquids, Oil, Making Jam (5 Inch)

Brand: HAUSPROFI

4.6 out of 5 stars 2,295 ratings

Amazon's Choice for "kitchen oil filter"

Price:$12.79 & FREE Returns
Coupon
Save an extra 20% when you apply this coupon.
Details

• 【Top-Grade Stainless Steel】HAUSPROFI Stainless Steel Straining Funnel is Crafted from 100% Food grade high-quality 304 stainless steel, with practical handle, and prevents slipping. The professional food-safe stainless steel funnels resist breaking, bending, rusting and corrosion and stay beautifully and safe with you for years.
  • 【Straining Filter】Features a removable straining filter. Made of 200 fine mesh nylon filters + PP frame, with a fine mesh that helps you to filter the fine grains, ideal for filtering juice, wine, milk, soy milk
  • 【Compatible】Designed to strain seeds, pips etc from home-made preserves or to be used as a general kitchen funnel, Compatible for most bottles, jars and other containers.
  • 【Easy to clean】Dishwasher safe. The funnel is easy to clean and is suitable for cleaning in the dishwasher.
  • 【RISK FREE!】100% money-back lifetime warranty! Enjoy a smooth & frustration free experience with HAUSPROFI's 100% Lifetime warranty! We stand by our products so you can buy with confidence! Your purchase is protected. HAUSPROFI Stainless Steel Straining Funnel is a real all-rounder and a kitchen accessory that should not be missing in any household

We have a deep fryer buried somewhere in the house, but I haven't used it in a couple of years. Currently almost anything I would deep fat fry I've been able to replicate with the 22" kettle and Vortex. Much healthier

Chris

When our house got robbed last fall, of all things they took my F'n De'Longhi Livenza dual zone easy clean deep fat fryer. Needless to say that it pissed me off pretty damn good, so now I just use my C.I. Dutch oven
and a cheap spider ladle on my turkey frying burner outside on the patio. It's actually sweet and easy to clean up and it doesn't stink up the house with oil smell that lasts a week. LOL

1628153149426.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky