110V electric heating element for drying stage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

amb_medic

Original poster
Jul 30, 2023
Hello! New user here. I have a commercial refrig that I converted into a pellet smoker. The inside cabinet is around 2 ft wide, 2 feet deep, and 5 ft high. I used a smoke daddy pellet hopper. Its fully insulated and works great. I would like to up my game by using a 4 stage process when I make my snack sticks. Stage 1, dry the product. Stage 2, smoke the product. Stage 3, set the color, and Stage 4, cook to finish temp.

I am looking for recommendations for a 110v electric heater for the inside of the cabinet. I only need it to bring the inside temp up to around 180 degrees max, I would like it to be 110 volt and also need a controller that I can adjust the temp and ideally also has a timer. IE, I set the temp to 180 degrees and it runs for the time I set on the timer, say 30 minutes and shuts off when the timer runs out. I would like to mount the control box on the side of the cabinet. Depending on the suggested heater, I could mount it on the inside side of the cabinet so nothing drips on it, but it would be exposed to smoke and humidity.

I purchased https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PNPXWCR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details but I have a few issues with this, one, the sides of the refrig box are 2 inches thick, which means it would make plugging in the unit difficult. Without some major modifications, ie, making a box to allow for enough space for the control unit to plug in, it is not going to work. Also, there is no exact temp on the controller and no time.

My major heat source is the pellet hopper. I want the electric heat source to dry my product without adding smoke.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

I just bought that same element and installed it in an old 22" kettle grill . My plan is to control it with my Auber 1510 .
Just using the analog control , it might be hard to keep the lower temps .

What about a work light or a bulb ? 500 watt halogen work light generates some good heat . Used to use a cardboard box and a work light to heat my lunch up at work .

Hello! New user here. I have a commercial refrig that I converted into a pellet smoker. The inside cabinet is around 2 ft wide, 2 feet deep, and 5 ft high. I used a smoke daddy pellet hopper. Its fully insulated and works great. I would like to up my game by using a 4 stage process when I make my snack sticks. Stage 1, dry the product. Stage 2, smoke the product. Stage 3, set the color, and Stage 4, cook to finish temp.

I am looking for recommendations for a 110v electric heater for the inside of the cabinet. I only need it to bring the inside temp up to around 180 degrees max, I would like it to be 110 volt and also need a controller that I can adjust the temp and ideally also has a timer. IE, I set the temp to 180 degrees and it runs for the time I set on the timer, say 30 minutes and shuts off when the timer runs out. I would like to mount the control box on the side of the cabinet. Depending on the suggested heater, I could mount it on the inside side of the cabinet so nothing drips on it, but it would be exposed to smoke and humidity.

I purchased https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PNPXWCR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details but I have a few issues with this, one, the sides of the refrig box are 2 inches thick, which means it would make plugging in the unit difficult. Without some major modifications, ie, making a box to allow for enough space for the control unit to plug in, it is not going to work. Also, there is no exact temp on the controller and no time.

My major heat source is the pellet hopper. I want the electric heat source to dry my product without adding smoke.

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!
Give me a couple days to respond. I made a similar smoker just like yours and I that element works great. I control it with a PID controller and a 40 amp relay mounted in a small box on the side of the smoker. I'll get you some pics and info on what worked for me.

HT
elec smoker.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky