Deep Dish CI Grilled Mexican Prime Rib Casserole (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Steve!! It was some pretty tasty stuff but not much burn. A little tingle from the spice mix but our jalapenos recently haven't packed much of a punch unfortunately.

Robert
Reading your recipe, and also the thread SmokyMose SmokyMose started, prompted me to make this for dinner! Minor changes only, I added chopped red bell pepper and canned green chilies as a layer just above the refried beans, and kept the other layers as described, except I cooked up some boneless skinless chicken thighs with a chipotle pepper and some taco seasoning for the meat layer. The black olives were added to my side only, my wife doesn't care for them.

I'm not quite sure if I want to call it Mexican pizza, a taco pie, an open-face burrito, or baked 7-layer dip in a tortilla shell, but it was really tasty. We'll be making it again!
IMG_1343.jpg

Last edited:
Reading your recipe, and also the thread SmokyMose SmokyMose started, prompted me to make this for dinner! Minor changes only, I added chopped red bell pepper and canned green chilies as a layer just above the refried beans, and kept the other layers as described, except I cooked up some boneless skinless chicken thighs with a chipotle pepper and some taco seasoning for the meat layer. The black olives were added to my side only, my wife doesn't care for them.

I'm not quite sure if I want to call it Mexican pizza, an open-face burrito, or baked 7-layer dip in a tortilla shell, but it was really tasty. We'll be making it again!View attachment 649875
what ever category you see it in, it looks like a great dish to me...Nice Job!

I'm not quite sure if I want to call it Mexican pizza, a taco pie, an open-face burrito, or baked 7-layer dip in a tortilla shell, but it was really tasty. We'll be making it again!View attachment 649875
That's what's great about some of Robert's creations. Those of us with a little less imagination can take his idea, make a few tweaks and run with it!
You really need to try his "Ranchero Sauce"......

Reactions: clifish
That's what's great about some of Robert's creations. Those of us with a little less imagination can take his idea, make a few tweaks and run with it!
You really need to try his "Ranchero Sauce"......
I get most of new meals that way from him

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky