Decent Thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thespoon

Original poster
Feb 17, 2014
MI
The probes on my Maverick 732 broke awhile ago and it hadn't been a high priority for me to replace them. Well, I just realized that I'm supposed to be throwing in a pork butt for an overnight smoke tonight and I don't have a therm to monitor. Anyone know where I can either pick up new probes or a new therm today between Lansing and Brighton area? I know HD sells the iGrills, but I'd rather get something closer to the $50 range if I have a choice (Another Maverick or a Thermopro TP-08/20). I had the wife check Walmart in Howell, but she wasn't able to find anything decent.

A pre-emptive thank you.

The probes on my Maverick 732 broke awhile ago and it hadn't been a high priority for me to replace them. Well, I just realized that I'm supposed to be throwing in a pork butt for an overnight smoke tonight and I don't have a therm to monitor. Anyone know where I can either pick up new probes or a new therm today between Lansing and Brighton area? I know HD sells the iGrills, but I'd rather get something closer to the $50 range if I have a choice (Another Maverick or a Thermopro TP-08/20). I had the wife check Walmart in Howell, but she wasn't able to find anything decent.

A pre-emptive thank you.
My Home Depot app for the Brighton store shows two different maverick single probe thermos available for pickup. The remote is around 30 bucks and the other is about 20 bucks. The HD app days multiple units available for in store purchase.
I've had decent luck with these...the longevity isn't as great as the more expensive models but as all my maverick, they work and they're accurate.
Hope this helps.
Walt.

My Home Depot app for the Brighton store shows two different maverick single probe thermos available for pickup. The remote is around 30 bucks and the other is about 20 bucks. The HD app days multiple units available for in store purchase.
I've had decent luck with these...the longevity isn't as great as the more expensive models but as all my maverick, they work and they're accurate.
Hope this helps.
Walt.

Thanks, yeah, I guess I could go with the HD-32 in a pinch. I haven't read many good reviews for it, so I was hoping to find one of the 700 units or the Thermo's.

I'm probably getting too picky for this late.

Thanks, yeah, I guess I could go with the HD-32 in a pinch. I haven't read many good reviews for it, so I was hoping to find one of the 700 units or the Thermo's.

I'm probably getting too picky for this late.
Yeah. These are definitely mavericks answer to the elcheapo. I've never had an issue with them working when new. They just don't have the longevity of the higher end units.
I was forced into getting one to use in a pinch last year...
Worked perfectly for several smokes so I got two more on clearance and put them away.
The LED displays on the first finally quit functioning.
I definitely wouldnt count on these as my "go to" thermos, but do keep them for back ups.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky