Debrecini and Andouille

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boatnut

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 16, 2009
Ostrander/Marblehead, Ohio
I scored a two pack of butts on sale this week.   Decided my Andouille supply was running low so made up a 10 lb batch of that using recipe from Nola Cuisine that i've had success with in the past.   I added a pound of pork backfat and cubed 2lbs of the butt then ground the rest.

I looked thru my recipes trying to figure out what to do with the other 5lbs of butt and decided to try the Debrecini (Hungarian Paprika Sausage).  I got the recipe from Bruce Aidell's book.   I just stuffed and left it as "fresh" sausage.   Tried a test patty and was pretty good.   It didn't "rock my world" but i'm sure when I grill some up , it will taste even better.     here are some pics-

bf273f97_hungariansaus03.jpg
d43152e0_andouille03.jpg

Looking good! Yummie!

>>>using recipe from Nola Cuisine   

Great place.

icon_cool.gif

Your sausage looks great from here too.

Good looking sausage. It sure doesnt last long.......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky