• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Debrecini and Andouille

boatnut

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 16, 2009
I scored a two pack of butts on sale this week.   Decided my Andouille supply was running low so made up a 10 lb batch of that using recipe from Nola Cuisine that i've had success with in the past.   I added a pound of pork backfat and cubed 2lbs of the butt then ground the rest.

I looked thru my recipes trying to figure out what to do with the other 5lbs of butt and decided to try the Debrecini (Hungarian Paprika Sausage).  I got the recipe from Bruce Aidell's book.   I just stuffed and left it as "fresh" sausage.   Tried a test patty and was pretty good.   It didn't "rock my world" but i'm sure when I grill some up , it will taste even better.     here are some pics-

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Looking good! Yummie!

>>>using recipe from Nola Cuisine   

Great place.

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Good looking sausage. It sure doesnt last long.......

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.