Deal of the Day...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
I know this is too far for many folks, but those on here who may live in the Columbia/Lexington area of South Carolina, KJ's grocery store on Augusta HWY at the Barnyard Flea Market is having a sale at that location only today, tomorrow, and Saturday. They have 20 lb. boxes of fresh whole chicken wings for $25. I looked at them and was pleasantly surprised, they are nice big wings. I bought 2 boxes. They also have 20 lb. boxes of leg quarters for $12, 30 lb. boxes of turkey wings for $40, spare ribs for $1.99/lb. I did not look at the turkey wings or the spare ribs because I wasn't interested...

I'd jump on those quarters Charles! Cut the legs off, do them with the Vortex just like wings, more meat, same great flavor, less bones, less $$$, have all those great thighs left, best part of the bird. RAY
Ray, we see leg quarters for that price or cheaper fairly often, but never see wings that cheap anymore. From what they told me, their new local chicken supplier is actually sponsoring this deal as an introductory sale...

Reactions: sawhorseray
I get all my yardbird at Sam's Club Charles. Legs are 98¢ a pound, wings are $2.99lb. Legs on the Vortex, less bones, more meat, same good eats. A 22 and 26 for a couple racks of spares, you can feed a pretty good crowd! RAY

DSCN3817.JPG

Those are some good prices Charles. If you have the space in the deep freeze I jump on it.

Chris

Wow that's a great price Charles !
We have a KJ in a neighboring town. I'll have to check them out and see if they gave a wing deal.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky