Davy Crockett seal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I looked at the cover, good for colder weather, was talking about a seal or sealing tape to stop smoke from escaping around grill opening.. thanks for comment.. jim

Ahh got it.. I dont loose much smoke from the door anymore..leaked a little bit at first but didnt worry about it since it is a pellet and not a stick burner and maintains its heat. Smoked several fatty pieces of meat and actually some store bought bacon and that created some build up on the door that helped with sealing.. When i had a stick burner i looked all over for very flat hi temp seal and never found it.. From talking with people i figured out using hi temp silicon and put a bead on the grill then cover with saran wrap coated in olive oil then close door and the silicon would flatten out to fill the uneveness of the door and geill meet.. Then once it dries remove the saran wrap and you have a perfect fit seal... I never tried it though

Why wouldn't you just use fiberglass rope, oven thermal seal, or any basic PTFE, Aramid kind of "rope" shaped sealer?

Here's a typical one:

Many others.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky