1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Daves Smokehouse....Part 9 Test Runs

Discussion in 'Smoke Houses' started by s2k9k, May 4, 2013.

1. Hello Dave - new to the forum - here from Vancouver B.C.
    The information on this forum is amazing and I've learned so much during my build. I'm building a similar size smokehouse as yours and I'm really struggling to find a burner system that will work for me. I smoke a lot of salmon every year hot/cold smoke and for me having a consistent temperature control at both low end (120F and high end (180) temperatures is critical.

I've been researching the sausage maker gas burner kit as well as the Tejas burners and I noticed that you purchased and installed the SM gas kit so I was wondering how you liked it and how you eventually installed it. Do you have any photos of the installation?
    Any information would be very much appreciated

I plan on posting pics of my complicated build in very short order - getting cold and wet here so it's slowing me down a bit but I'll persevere.

Thanks - Cheers Mario

2. JckDanls 07

JckDanls 07 Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Mario... Dave is no longer on the forums... You might want to start your own thread and ask these questions.. you will get a quicker response that way... BTW.. welcome to the forums (your new addiction)

3. Thanks Keith - it's very exciting to be a new member of this forum and you're absolutely correct when you say it's an addiction. I've been smoking salmon for over 30 years but I'm chomping at the bit to expand into other food products. The Cadillac (new smokehouse) is almost complete I'm very excited about the possibilities.

I will repost my original post in the builders catagory - thanks again for you help

Cheers Mario

4. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

Hi Keith,
    Just so you know, Dave gets here pretty often nowadays.
    He was just here yesterday.

Bear