Daveomak hams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Dave. I always forget the name for some reason. Love what he carries and would like to try his tubed sheep casings.

Reactions: daveomak
Thank you, I agree with the rest time. The others will rest until TG.
Soo hard to wait out the rest time.
i smoked a few yellow fin tuna steaks last night. I did wait until noon today for a sample. I justified that they were thin and cold smoked for about 3 hours before getting the heat.

Soo hard to wait out the rest time.
i smoked a few yellow fin tuna steaks last night. I did wait until noon today for a sample. I justified that they were thin and cold smoked for about 3 hours before getting the heat.
Yep. It’s hard, the wait. But this business is all about waiting. The best things take time. Bet that yellow fin was good though.

Yep. It’s hard, the wait. But this business is all about waiting. The best things take time.
Yep, and I will share a trick I learned from homebrewing that can applied here: the best way to way to prevent drinking green/young beer is to start working on your next batch. This does 2 things, first it distracts you (well duh) but it also reminds you how much work goes into a batch so that you don't rush it.

I agree with the others, you need a week minimum. It's kinda funny but starting to recognize a pattern:
Day 1: What a long smoke. Glad it's over.
Day 2: Crap, this smells like campfire, I ruined it.
Day 3: OK maybe not ruined but definitely oversmoked.
Day 4: Why can't I stop smelling my fingers?
Day 5: Maybe it's gonna be OK
Day 6: Oh yeah, that's more like it.
Day 7: Maybe just a little taste to make sure it's not ruined. :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky