Dang thunderstorms:(

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jeff 1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
I got my smoker going this morning with a pork loin and a boston butt and now we are haveing heavy rain and thunderstorms messing my temps all up and makeing it difficult for me to tend to.  I knew I should have moved it under the carport I was just to lazy to move it

Can ya rig some kinda cover over it? Or hope the rain stops real soon

it was comeing down to hard so I just set inside and waited it out after a couple of hours sun was out.  things going good now

I gotta tell you here in Florida there have been many times I stood out by the smoker with a big umbrella until the rain stopped. The good thing is it rains really hard for 15 or 20 minutes, then stops. Glad it's good for you now.

Hey LOOKWOW, maybe we need to trade.  I wish I lived somewhere it snowed it's butt off.  I love the food, people and culture of S. Louisiana but I HATE!!!!!!!! the weather.

Jeff - Glad to hear the storm passed.  I  hate getting my smoker wet!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky