Dam it never warmed up today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamofnh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Chester, Nh
Started the Smoker an hour ago and it's just getting up to temperature.  Wanted to Smoke a 3 foot Pork sausage today.  Better later than never.

Well found out why it took so long to come up to temperature.  I used the remote to set the temp and timer so I didn't have to go out on the porch till it was time to put the sausage in.  Well to save the gasket around the door, I only latch it closed, not lock it closed when not in use.  Oops the door was cracked open the whole time I was warming it up.  ha ha ha 
hit.gif
   OK it's up to temp now and Smoking.  Just going to be a little later to eat tonight.  he he he  It's Smoking with some Cherry.

Last edited:

Looks great. Do you make your own sausage too? 
drool.gif
It was very tasty.  One day I hope to be making my own, but this is my 1st time smoking and I just got my MES 30" the 3rd of this month.  Maybe during my 2nd month.  ha ha ha

Happy holidays (from another New Englander here)!

The temperatures outside have been cold although I'm loving to smoke in this weather! (Did oysters and clams yesterday and shall do some whole mackerel today)!

Your food looked terrific! Cheers! - Leah

I'm a seafood nut myself where I grew up Lobstering on my friends fathers commercial 40' Novi.  I haven't tried smoking any seafood yet but I'm sure I will.

As far as shellfish go, I've always cooked them in their own juices.  Kill in the boiling water, pour it off and steam them in their own juices.  I have never smoked them, so what kind of wood do you prefer and temperature that seams to work?

Well hopefully this takes you to my "smoked lobster" posting; http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/g/i/256025/a/157519/applemark/ (as that was delicious and is a New England staple for sure) and then this past Friday, I smoked some oysters and clams, and here's a video version of that:  and today I smoked alligator (already posted in the non-fish/seafood section) and yesterday whole mackerel (in the fish section) and so hopefully, this sort of gives you some fun ideas!!!

Meanwhile, happy December!!!!!!! Make it delicious!!!!!!!!!! Cheers!!!!!!! - Leah

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky