• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Dad's 85 B Day and a fairly full 007 version 1.0

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 31, 2012
Pulled the version 1.0 into service to travel to my brothers place to cook for Dads Birthday. Loaded up the rotisserie with 15 chicken thighs and a few more on top with some drum sticks... All dry brined.

Gotta say it's pretty nice doing two level cooking and still have the top rack get plenty of good direct heat.
Quite a bit to fit on the rotisserie, but i know I could have probably fit on 20 thighs but I wanted to have them side ways so when they spinned they'd get the direct heat on the skin sides.... vs putting on them side ways. I did extend one side of the center spit so I could evenly space the three sets of 2 ...worked great!!

A good time had by all and by sound of the squawks of chickens they were having a good time as well! lol BTW a couple of those chickens will be going to chicken heaven soon

Lots of proN.. Thanks for looking!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Looks like a good time all around,that's a good one!

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Looks great. The family time is awesome

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That looks like a wonderful way to celebrate your Dad's 85th birthday!

Happy birthday to him!

Al

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 31, 2012

That looks like a wonderful way to celebrate your Dad's 85th birthday!

Happy birthday to him!

Al
Thanks Al, Yea a pool party was a good thing I think!    I know I couldn't wait to jump in after cooking. lol  

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Great looking chicken, great day and nice looking family.

Points in honour of your Dad!

Disco

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Great looking party! I see you have a few birds almost ready for spatching!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.