Dads 70th B-Day B.B.Q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bulldog505

Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Hello from Albuquerque New Mexico. My name is Vicente my friends call me V. I love smoking meat any time and any season. I have been smoking for about 4 years educated myself on smoking by books and magazines. Never knew there was a forum for smoking ohh happy day.  Okay the question I have is how much brisket do I smoke for 60 people?? Do I cook for 60 or 80-100 to make sure I dont run out of food. My menu is brisket , cow poke beans, potato salad, and mac and cheese all made from scratch. I was planning on cooking 5 -20lbs briskets. Ohh and I have a off set fire box  smoker. Any help would be great i want this to be a birthday he will remember  for a long time.

Bulldog , 5 - 20# Briskys will be quite enough (if I read you right).LOL

I usually figure on 1/3 to 1/2 lb. per person(some eating two or three sammies) to have enough ; you will lose about 1/3 or so to fat lost in trimming and rendering. I usually have a bunch of heavy eaters , so I figure high.

One hunderd pounds will give appox. 70lb. eatable meat , and maybe have some left(I said maybe).My guest usually get sloshed and eat till they fall over...
cool.gif

The leftovers go in the freezer and become something else later.

Oh, almost forgot , welcome to the Forum.
welcome1.gif

Send us some Q-view(Pictures) of your equip. , prep. for the party and shots of the party and guest of Honor , and wish him a happy day from all of us at SMF
icon14.gif

Until later , have fun and....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky