Custom BBQ Concession Trailer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

satxbbq

Original poster
Jul 4, 2016
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, but this seems to be a great community of BBQ enthusiasts, and hopefully my trailer will find a good new home. Back story - I helped a friend start up a BBQ food truck business, which he ultimately had to shut down for family/personal reasons. I now find myself in possession of the trailer, but it's not getting regular use and needs to find a new home. It's quite a head-turner, and can cook an incredible amount of BBQ at once. Please message me if interested - I'm located in the San Antonio, TX area. 

About the Trailer and Smoker Stacks - This very unique and quite large BBQ unit is mounted on a 30 ft 5th wheel trailer. The trailer is a 2000 Elite, 30 ft gooseneck trailer with a steel bed and metal 2X4 posts that support a metal roof, with detachable steps and handrail. The unit has two 8-ft tall smoker stacks mounted in the middle. These smoker stacks and all metal smoker parts are very thick and hold the heat very well with 3/8" thick walls and base is ½" thick heavy metal. Between the two smoker stacks, there is a common firebox. I have mainly used the back smoker stack for cooking and the front stack for holding. The firebox is mounted on the floor between the two smoker units and supplies heat to both. The back smoke stack has 5 cooking racks that spin for easy access to the cooking foods and the front has 6 spinning racks. There are several vents on top and bottom to control the heat and cooking temps. The firebox opens to the front, so to add logs or remove ashes it is very simple and fast. The firebox is equipped with two "coal grade" wood burning log racks that are set side-by-side to make 25" deep and 20" wide flat cradle for the logs to burn on. There is a stainless  serving/prep table mounted on the very back of the trailer, close to the smoke stack doors, allowing easy placement of meats onto the cooking racks from the prep table to the smoker racks. Both smoke stacks are equipped with gas burners too, for backup, or supplemental heat. These burners will really heat it up fast and hold the temperature. For starting the fire in the firebox, it comes equipped with a "quick light" gas log which really makes it easy. The smoker stacks are equipped with several thermometer ports for dial type temp readings as well as portholes for the digital temperature sensors to be slid into. There is a digital thermometer mounting bar for the digital controllers mounted between the two stacks for easy reading and access. There is a roof on the trailer so everything is enclosed. 4 trailer tires were replaced in 2013 with heavy-duty 14 ply Hankook tires. 

About the Kitchen/Serving area -- Most of the kitchen equipment is recent and in good condition.  The front 12-15 feet of the trailer has a kitchen area built in and serving window from it. The serving window is about 5 feet long, and 30 inches high -- and has a screen covering and slide shut serving screen. The serving window has a drop down bar/shelf that opens up for the  customers to walk up to and order from. There is stainless metal flap/cover with two locks on it to shut the serving area window, and that window cover, when open, forms a roof/cover over the serving area. I have a 10 inch high custom platform (for shorter customers to stand on - optional use) made of very sturdy lightweight wood that is comprised of two pieces. Each section weighs about 30 lbs and has a quick connect bracket that then forms an 8 ft long X 4 ft wide standing platform. This allows you to have your customers at eye level if you choose, otherwise, the serving window opens up at about 5 ft off the ground.

The Kitchen - The kitchen is equipped with a large 3 hole stainless sink, drain board, considerable work/counter space, and all the gadgets. The kitchen is equipped with 3 double lamp (food service approved shatter proof bulbs ) fluorescent lights, exhaust fan, and probably 10-12 wall mounted 110 outlet boxes, The water is feed to the unit by a battery operated pump (pump ran all year on one charge of 12 volt battery under the sink) from a fresh water holding tank (35 gallon and easily refilled) and then the used water is then dumped to an under trailer mounted gray water tank -- 50 gallon). The gray water tank has quick release dump and hose adapter for easy dispensing of gray water. The door to the kitchen is metal normal house door with dual lock key -- deadbolt and knob.  The kitchen (entire trailer) was completely re-wired and a breaker box (100-amp box with a couple empty slots and expansion left) was installed with everything up to code and wiring placed in conduit and professionally done.

I am asking $15,000, but would accepting a truck as partial or full trade depending on make/model/year/etc.  Located near Fair Oaks Rach, TX. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky