Curry tacos.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Day-licious BBQ

Original poster
Sep 21, 2018
Wanted to do some quick grilled chicken tacos for dinner the other night. At the last minute, I decided to try and spice things up by creating Curry Chicken Tacos!
Grilled up some chicken breast with some nice char
31064070168_f1bd5cb58d.jpg

Chopped it up, added curry spices, and finished it in a cast iron pan
31064069598_9a7b003e30.jpg

Served it in grilled tortillas, topped with Pico and cucumbers.
44887944092_2c471b1109_c.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Did you add curry spices or did you cheat and add curry powder? ;)

Just yanking your chain. I love curry but no one else in my house will eat it. Silly fools don't know what's good for them!

Lol. I was thinking the same about Curry Powder. I keep about a dozen spices on hand for Masalas. Tikka Masala is a frequent request.
This dish sounds REALLY good! Nice job.
My crew, fortunately, do like Indian/Pakistani dishes. Will have to give tacos a shot.
Try topping the Tacos with Plain Yogurt. The acidity wakes up the flavors...JJ

Reactions: fivetricks
OK...busted!
My version of "curry spices" is curry powder, cayenne, and ginger.
I know nothing about curry. It was pretty good, but I am sure it would be better with legit curry.
In the past, I spent quite a bit of time in London, and ate curry all the time. I love the stuff, but I do not make it.

Yeah, curry powder is one of those Western innovations. Great marsala is made with a mealange of individual spices.

But don't let me preach, I keep 2 kinds of "curry powder" because I don't eat enough curry (nor do i posess the culinary talent) to justify keeping all of the individual spices around.

We are playing. I would not buy McCormick Curry but get a Madras Curry Powder from a spice company with good reviews and you will be fine. Unless you use it frequently just get their smallest amount. Madras can be pretty warm so read the reviews. Best to store in glass as the spices can pass through plastic with ease. You probably don't want the kitchen smelling like an English Take Away Restaurant...JJ

Says who? My kitchen smells like a smokehouse. I take great pride in that. The old lady hates with with the intensity of a 1000 sun's, but that sounds like a her problem :cool:

I can't give you an opinion on curry spices but your taco's look really good to me.

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky