Current Ad problem June/2022

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is actually the first I saw this particular Thread.
However I'd like to thank Piney for this statement--"We are also aware that the "Alerts" are not clearing out for some, and it is being looked into."
When something isn't working right for a number of months, it's nice to know if somebody cares, and is actually working on it, or at least looking into it.

Thank You!
Bear

I can't let Mrs Bear see that picture.
The deer ate every one of her Hostas right to the ground.
Every year they hit them pretty hard, but this year they ate every one of them down to the ground, in all 5 gardens, and in the Huge pots she has all around next to the house!!!

Bear
That has to be very disappointing for her.

They are all cute and fun until they eat your plants....

Every year they hit them pretty hard, but this year they ate every one of them down to the ground, in all 5 gardens, and in the Huge pots she has all around next to the house!!!

Bear
I feel ya. We have over 30 knockout rose bushes. Deer at nearly every bud before they bloomed. This is one of them here. 4ft from my carport door just looking at me
IMG_20220611_143640.jpg

Will have to thin the herd in the fall

I just rescued one like it last week. I jumped some does with their babies with my tractor and all but 1 fawn went over, or through the fence onto the farm next to mine. One fawn (little fart not much bigger than a jack russell ran along the fence and ended up in the lot behind my barn. I had to herd it back out into the field where it could get back with the rest of them.

I just rescued one like it last week. I jumped some does with their babies with my tractor and all but 1 fawn went over, or through the fence onto the farm next to mine. One fawn (little fart not much bigger than a jack russell ran along the fence and ended up in the lot behind my barn. I had to herd it back out into the field where it could get back with the rest of them.
If I'd leave it to the wife all those fawns would live inside our house lol

I generally let the wildlife do their thing on my farm right up to the point where they start destroying my stuff, then it's game on.
That’s me too. Deer have been into moms rose bushes before. We have one called “Tropicana “ it’s a peach rose that is very aromatic and beautiful, they eat the buds before they bloom. Naw.

Not alot of deer hang out around us but rooster pheasants are safe...we like seeing them and listening to them from the porch! Even our Dobie don't mind them but squirrels...oh my she goes nuts!

Ryan

I love Dobies, they are extremely smart! Having been a former lineman… squirrels are evil… very territorial of communication poles! Some won’t back off either! Can’t tell ya how many I had that would bark at me, chatter their teeth at me… some would act like they were going to charge me! Even had the little b@$t@rd$ drop stuff on my hard hat!

Not a lineman anymore, still do not like squirrels… 😉

BTW, not an ad related issue… just got caught up in the moment… my apologies! 😂

I'm a former arborist, so I've had some interesting times with squirrels, raccoons, snakes, honey bees, and hornets I've come across in trees over the years.
I'm not all that keen on finding snakes on the ground, but it brings it to a whole new level being hemmed up in a tree with one. I'd say its a safe bet that I hate snakes worse than you hate squirrels lol.

Bear
Yeah Bear, we have Hostas all over the back yard and the deer are now invading. They are also literally walking down the street in the front as well. I was on the porch tending the MES and heard clippity-clop (SP???) and look and saw three literally walking down in the middle of the street!

I do love how forums here go from one topic to another. Seriously no sarcasm I do love it. Like this one changed.
Happens on each and every forum I've ever been a member of. Once you hit page 2, a thread just kind of takes on a life of its own. Sometimes it goes on the first page, sometimes one will go several, but this is pretty normal in forum discussions.

I know I have to be careful at work when I do foot patrols. We have skunks and they sometimes hide under the grass and hay type foliage. Would be a very bad day to step on one by accident which i almost did a few weeks ago. I just noticed a touch of black under some hay type grass. Sure enough I made a little noise and a smallish skunk came out and ran off.

I know I have to be careful at work when I do foot patrols. We have skunks and they sometimes hide under the grass and hay type foliage. Would be a very bad day to step on one by accident which i almost did a few weeks ago. I just noticed a touch of black under some hay type grass. Sure enough I made a little noise and a smallish skunk came out and ran off.
I was getting ready to spray a grove of white pines one time. I got the hose dragged to the far side and was going to work my way back to the truck. Anyhow, I get done dragging the hose through the grove, turn around to start spraying, and there's this skunk, hind end pointed at me with it's tail all peeled back like it's fixing to spray. The first thing that crossed my mind in that instant was that my spray gun had way more pressure than its little pea shooter could muster, so spray it, I did. I was spraying dormant oil which wasn't going to kill it, but it sure did get rid of it. Never saw it again after I cut loose on it.

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE and TH-n-PA
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky