Curing Salt vs. Sugar

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

da maxx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
Morton makes a curing Sugar. According to their website, it's complete interchangeable with Tender Quick.

"Only Morton[emoji]174[/emoji] Tender Quick[emoji]174[/emoji] and Morton[emoji]174[/emoji] Sugar Cure[emoji]174[/emoji] PLAIN are interchangeable measure for measure. Morton[emoji]174[/emoji] Sugar Cure[emoji]174[/emoji] Smoke Flavored is used for DRY curing ham and bacon only."

I've been reading different posts and decided I need to start using a curing mix for safety. I make a bunch of beef jerky which doesn't last long. I prefer a sweeter style marinade, terriyaki, etc. So I'm trying to avoid salt, such as Tender Quick.

Has anyone had any experience with Morton Sugar Cure PLAIN ?

Thx,

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky