Cured and Smoked Pork Tenderloins/Fillets.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2019
South Aus
I cooked 6 tenderloin in the smoker today.

Dry cured 4 Pork tenderloins/Pork Fillets for about 16 days, also did two not cured which were marinated one in Soy sauce and another in worsty sauce for 24 hrs.

Seasoned one cured loin with pork rub. (Was awesome, will do it again)

Smoked for 8 hours @180f, pulled out at 150f internal.

Aust Prices.

587F08F9-1B57-4182-87B1-8FFB40098C19.jpeg

Trimmed off silver skin with my new victornox knife, sharpened on worksharp, it’s so easy using this blade.

6EB28036-2174-4549-8B71-D4FDB3F56BDF.jpeg

Into the bags to cure for a couple of weeks.

Cooked and resting, I prefer these cold so then throw into fridge for a while.

Cooked.

5C99C48D-AEDB-4AFC-804C-5460B43DB7E3.jpeg

Sliced

F1B4CE0E-8DA6-4442-A6B8-72DF45BF5D0C.jpeg

A platter with my wife. Each one had a great flavour, soy marinade tasted damn good.

C95721D6-B50A-4737-B873-1459E95856BF.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow Jabiru, that is one beautiful piece of work. That platter with the Canadian bacon, cheese, and veggies would really be something to enjoy with a nice cold beer, Like. RAY

Reactions: Jabiru
Man the bark on those looks great! I did pork tenderloin last night in my propane vertical box smoker didn't get that kind of bark but still turned out good. Smoked mine with apple and peach mixture wood chips. Was a 3dollar off deal already marinated in teriyaki. I kept simple didn't add any rub just glazed with a little extra teriyaki sauce at the end of the cook. 20200222_170856.jpg 20200222_205338.jpg 20200222_205813.jpg

Thank you Gentlemen, all from what I learnt here. It is one our Favorites. Motorboat40 Motorboat40 - Looks delicious.

Just the plain pork fillet cured and smoked makes a great snack. So tender.

When I first did these I thought they would dry out being so lean but they don't for some reason.

We pay $18.99 KG here, each fillet is about 1 pound = $5.50 US. Is that cheaper than over the water or?

Thank you Gentlemen, all from what I learnt here. It is one our Favorites. Motorboat40 Motorboat40 - Looks delicious.

Just the plain pork fillet cured and smoked makes a great snack. So tender.

When I first did these I thought they would dry out being so lean but they don't for some reason.

We pay $18.99 KG here, each fillet is about 1 pound = $5.50 US. Is that cheaper than over the water or?
That's about what I paid but that was with 3 dollars off so you got good price on them!

Excellent looking Pork tenders Jabiru, I've done the teriyaki before and like it allot. Now I'll have to try curing one. Thanks for the idea.

Point for sure
Chris

Very nice, we love doing the "cold" finger food plate like that! Might just have to add a cured pork tender one of these days.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky