Crispy wings on indirect heat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
Thinking about trying wings on my Masterbuilt 560 tomorrow. It's indirect heat and I am wanting some crispy wings. The temperature range on a 560 is from 0-700 degrees. Just wondering if someone has a heat suggestion for crispy wings over indirect heat.

I tried these last weekend. A generous amount of Mortons Natures Season and an equal amount of Kraft Grated Parmesan/Romano cheese with the wings tossed in a ziplock bag. Then about 50 minutes at 400 degrees on the Masterbuilt 560 with cherry chunks turning once. Sauced with Hooters wing sauce and some Hidden Valley Buttermilk for dipping.

I'll never deep fry wings again. I'll try to get some pics the next time. Tried smoking wings in the past with a MES30 but due to the low temperature limit (275 degrees) the skin was rubbery. The 400 degrees makes a huge difference. These were the best wings I have ever eaten.

Reactions: civilsmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky