Crispy Fried Catfish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I'm one of those that like their catfish crispy. Kent Rollins has the secret to that and its all in the dip. He uses 1 cup warm water, 1 Tbsp corn starch, 1 Tbsp buttermilk powder and 1 tspn baking powder. I like Louisiana Blue label mix. Just dip in wet and put into cornmeal than let sit few minutes. Comes out so crispy without being over cooked. Sorry my picture came out blurry but here is Kent Rollins

1705271939883.png

Last edited:
Good looking fish! Now I want a 3 piece plate with slaw, fries and hushpuppies and a few dashes of hot sauce. And its a snowmageddon outside with 20 degree temps. Aint no fish in my future!

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: TNJAKE
Good looking fish! Now I want a 3 piece plate with slaw, fries and hushpuppies and a few dashes of hot sauce. And its a snowmageddon outside with 20 degree temps. Aint no fish in my future!

Jim
Fish sticks??? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
This reminds me I need to head to Paris landing and grab some grunters (fore arm length channel cats). Yum! I actually watch Cowboy Kent, but Catfish is a TN thang! And Don't friggin' forget the Hush Puppies!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky