• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Craigslist Find....To buy or not to buy???

meatsweats86

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 23, 2016
Found this on Craigslist. Guy says it's in great shape and compressor is removed.  He's asking $50, but I would tryto get for $20. I am working on building a 1939 Frigidaire right now, but I figured this could potentially be a nice second build and of course one more thing to piss off the wife.

My only concern is the door measures 20" wide X 25" tall and overall height of 49" which makes me think the cooking chamber might be on the small side for the amount of time and money I would be investing.  I'd most likely make this electric and bring to the cabin.

Yay or Nay????

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Pretty small interior, good for a Butt or two or a couple of Racks o' Ribs. Price seems in the right neighborhood...JJ

doubles shooter

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 28, 2014
Grab it. As Chef Jimmy says, it will be great for small loads. Or build it,then sell it to pay for the 39'er.

dward51

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 24, 2011
Yeah, it might be on the small side, but it will look so cool.....

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.