Craigslist find MES 40

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi. Ad says $275, but $250 would be a good price but.... I would make sure all items are in the box, plug unit in to see if it's working. Check to see if serial numbers match from the box to the unit in box. Ask where they came from and to see receipts. Hate to sound so suspicious, but you don't want to end up buying something that's stolen. You can get great deals on craigslist, just be cautious,thats my 2 cents.

Thanks guys. I may just pay the $299 at academy and get the warranty. I would rather be safe than sorry

I bought mine from Sams Club for $299 a long time ago. Here is the listing for it being out of stock for $278 http://www.samsclub.com/sams/electric-smoker/prod7080346.ip

Make sure it's the one pictured and not the second generation with the exhaust vent on the side and the readout on the front (instead of the top). Not sure why but people don't like them as much as the first gen. 

When you plug it in, before you heat it up make sure the Temp of the internal thermometer matches the temp of the probe. It should come with 4 racks, water pan and a Remote (plus the drip pan wood loader and ash pan. 

I bought mine from Sams Club for $299 a long time ago. Here is the listing for it being out of stock for $278 http://www.samsclub.com/sams/electric-smoker/prod7080346.ip

Make sure it's the one pictured and not the second generation with the exhaust vent on the side and the readout on the front (instead of the top). Not sure why but people don't like them as much as the first gen. 

When you plug it in, before you heat it up make sure the Temp of the internal thermometer matches the temp of the probe. It should come with 4 racks, water pan and a Remote (plus the drip pan wood loader and ash pan. 
The picture in your link is a Generation 2.0 with the water pan on the left and the exhaust our the side.

Last edited:

The picture in your link is a Generation 2.0 with the water pan on the left and the exhaust our the side.
I know, that's not mine. That was on the Sams Club website today. I got mine in 2012 just before the second gen was released (luckily).

The pic in the Craigslist post was a stock photo of the first get I wanted to make sure that's what it really was. In the description the poster said "Blue LED Display", The first gen's display (like pictured) is green. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky