Crabmeat ABT's Q/Vue Heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey y'all, thanks for the nice replies....appreciate your good words!

MEATBALL- I'm with you on that...are those "Crabbies" you are talking about on English Muffins? Made them a lot and are awesome!

ALX- Buddy, I sure miss the Chesapeake Bay. Crabs, fish, the whole deal. Good for you to enjoy the blue crabs, buddy! Get some for me too.

CAJUNSMOKE13- They tsted excellent! I was worried that the spices and japs would overpower the canned crabmeat, but no, the crab flavor came through strong! Definitely a crab ABT, and mixed with jalapeno and cheese.....really good!

OL' SMOKEY- thanks for the reminder of the apple corer. I looked in the drawer and would you believe we don't have one? Yikes! I gotta get to wally-world and pick up some basic tools...thanks for the reminder.

Glad you enjoyed my crabmeat ABT's -
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

Doing some ABT's tomorrow so I was browsing the ABT section when I came across this.
Must have missed it, looks great Rivet.
Last time I made them it was a failure, hopefully tomorrow ones will come out much better.

Thanks for the inspiration with the crab meat. I softened some cream cheese tossed in some lump crab meat, grated sharp chedder, and finely minced red bell pepper. Filled about 2 dozen jalapeno halves and two dozen mushroom caps - wrapped it all in bacon and 3 hrs. later enjoyed a little slice of heaven!

Yea, good post Rivet. I used the crab meat in my last batch after seeing this post and forgot to give props to you in my Q-View. It was the best batch of ABT's that I've made yet.

Hmm... Mushroom caps you say, JIRodriguez?
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Sounds good to me.

The mushrooms are a nice way to inclued those people who can't eat the spicy stuff.... like my wife
icon_mrgreen.gif
.... just wave the pepper over the pot and it's seasoned in her book.... lol.

Man those look good!!! Can't wait till the new smoker arrives to get some goin. I was thinkin of puttin some summer sausage or pepperoni in them. anyone try that?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky