Crab Cake #2 (Imitation Crab & Lobster)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good Bear but I'm hoping for some Chesapeake Blue Crabs to make some real crab cakes.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
We aren't blessed with the access to Crab Meat like you guys have down there.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Crab Cake #2 (Imitation Crab & Lobster)

For those who don’t know, this stuff is generally made from Pollock.
I never liked playing the little game of making little patties & trying to keep them together, while preparing them & cooking them.
So 5 years ago, I decided to make a whole tray of Cake, and after it’s done, just cut it to the size I like.
So that’s what we have here.

BTW: Since I did one of these about 5 years ago, this time I followed the Step by Step I made back then, and it still works Great!! Give it a Try!

Ingredients:
1 LB Crab Meat
1 Egg
2 TBS Mayo (Miracle Whip)
1 TBS Yellow Mustard
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1/3 Cup of Crushed “Cheez-its”
3 TBS Butter

Instructions:
In a mixing bowl, combine & mix all ingredients except Crab Meat & Butter. Fold in Crab Meat. Transfer to foil pan & spread evenly in pan. Melt and spoon Butter on surface, and place in 375° oven until Golden Brown, and at least 165° IT (about 25 to 30 minutes).

I like to cut into 6 servings.

Thanks for looking,

Bear

Ingredients Ready & Waiting:
View attachment 632369

16 ounces of Chopped up Imitation Crab Meat:
View attachment 632370

All ingredients except Meat & Butter:
View attachment 632371

Ingredients mixed, Meat folded in, all spread out in pan, and Melted Butter poured over the top:
View attachment 632372

Place in 375° oven until Golden Brown, and at least 165° IT (about 25 to 30 minutes):
View attachment 632373

First serving went to the "Hungry Bear":
View attachment 632374

One Serving:
View attachment 632375

Goes Great with almost anything, including Ravioli:
View attachment 632376
looks good. I make a cajun crab dip with that and it tastes just fine....

If you call $50.00 a pound blessed, I guess we are
I thought, where you live, you can just walk out through your back yard, into the bay, and get all the crab you want.
I'll just stick to Imitation.

Bear

That sounds real good, John. I love crab cakes and make them once in a while--just for me, since Miss Linda isn't a fan. But I never thought of making a whole pan of them instead of patties. I'l be trying this out soon.
Gary
Thank You Gary!!
This works really Great---So easy & less mess!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Over $300 bushel plus they are very scarce
Hmmm, I thought you could put bait on your back porch, and Crabs would walk right up the steps to your door.
All we get here is Deer & Turkeys.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky