Crab Cake #2 (Imitation Crab & Lobster)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Crab Cake #2 (Imitation Crab & Lobster)

For those who don’t know, this stuff is generally made from Pollock.
I never liked playing the little game of making little patties & trying to keep them together, while preparing them & cooking them.
So 5 years ago, I decided to make a whole tray of Cake, and after it’s done, just cut it to the size I like.
So that’s what we have here.

BTW: Since I did one of these about 5 years ago, this time I followed the Step by Step I made back then, and it still works Great!! Give it a Try!

Ingredients:
1 LB Crab Meat
1 Egg
2 TBS Mayo (Miracle Whip)
1 TBS Yellow Mustard
1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1/3 Cup of Crushed “Cheez-its”
3 TBS Butter

Instructions:
In a mixing bowl, combine & mix all ingredients except Crab Meat & Butter. Fold in Crab Meat. Transfer to foil pan & spread evenly in pan. Melt and spoon Butter on surface, and place in 375° oven until Golden Brown, and at least 165° IT (about 25 to 30 minutes).

I like to cut into 6 servings.

Thanks for looking,

Bear

Ingredients Ready & Waiting:
IMG_8407.JPG

16 ounces of Chopped up Imitation Crab Meat:
IMG_8408.JPG

All ingredients except Meat & Butter:
IMG_8409.JPG

Ingredients mixed, Meat folded in, all spread out in pan, and Melted Butter poured over the top:
IMG_8410.JPG

Place in 375° oven until Golden Brown, and at least 165° IT (about 25 to 30 minutes):
IMG_8412.JPG

First serving went to the "Hungry Bear":
IMG_8413.JPG

One Serving:
IMG_8415.JPG

Goes Great with almost anything, including Ravioli:
IMG_8416.JPG

Looks good John,

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great!

I literally just walked in the door from the fish market with a container of crab meat.I'm still working on Jane to give up her crab cake recipe!

The single pan is a great way to do them . I've only had crab cakes one time . Never made them . I'll have to give it a go .

Looks great!

I literally just walked in the door from the fish market with a container of crab meat.I'm still working on Jane to give up her crab cake recipe!

Thank You Norm!!
I love these things, but I never get around to making them, but once every few years. That's gotta change!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
The single pan is a great way to do them . I've only had crab cakes one time . Never made them . I'll have to give it a go .
Thank You Rich!!
This way tastes the same as individual patties, but so much easier to make this way!!

Bear

My kind of crab (imitation) cake, awesome post Bear!
Thank You Cliff!!
In some ways I like the Imitation more than the real thing!!
And I don't mean only the price.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky