Crab boil injection question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
I see that a lot of people use crab boil as on of the ingredients in their injections for various meats. I see that it is a concentrate so do you mix it with water at all or just pour it in your injection mix? How much do you use as I don't want it to be too strong?

Ahhh my secret ingrediant .

I use a capfull in my injection . 1tsp. You can taste it to tell if you want more.

I also use it in marinades and especially in my mustard mix that i put on butts b4 rub.

Note : Liquid crab boil is made up of oils and essences so DO NOT put it in your injection if you are going to heat it or cook it  untill it has been heated and cooled back down as it will cook away. Enjoy

I use a capfull in my injection . 1tsp. You can taste it to tell if you want more.

I also use it in marinades and especially in my mustard mix that i put on butts b4 rub.

Note : Liquid crab boil is made up of oils and essences so DO NOT put it in your injection if you are going to heat it or cook it  untill it has been heated and cooled back down as it will cook away. Enjoy
LOL Bob,

Your secret ingredient??

Only to those who may not have read hundreds of your posts.

As soon as I read RB's question, I was hoping you would be there to answer him.

Bear

So when you use it in your marinades do you heat it and cool it?

icon_cool.gif

Now I have seen Bob in the morning and he puts crab boil in his coffee.

Allways add the liquid crab boil after any heating. That way it doesn't cook away.

I use it in gravies and soups but it taks a different ammount and i just pour and taste . But if you try this add a little at a time as it can over power something quick.

I would recomend the powdered crab boil for cooking as it is all powder and won't cook away.

the only reason i don't use powder is the salt content.

the powder is also great in a rub.

Kinda a kicked up version of  old bay

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky