Covid booster shot problems,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my booster. Same side affects as first two shots. Felt like crap for a day about 21 hours in. Then I was fine. Still nothing compared to having had Covid. Those who don't want to vax do it at your own risk. Just don't whine how bad it is when you catch because you had a choice. If you die, your family will suffer because you didn't get the shot. That's your legacy. A friend of mine worked with a guy who refused to get it saying $100 wasn't enough. He caught Covid, spent six weeks on a ventilator and they buried him two weeks ago. He left a wife, a 3 year old and a six month old. Who suffers from his death?

I didn't have the option of a vaccine and I am lucky to be alive. If they say I need a booster every six months shoot me up.

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Thank you all for keeping this peaceful. I like that we can have good conversation like this without having to lock down the thread.

Left or Right we call all agree my ribs are the best. Lol 😆 🤣 😂
That's rude! I've never had the chance to try your ribs! :emoji_wink:. You never sent me an invite! Lol

Reactions: forktender
I got my booster. Same side affects as first two shots. Felt like crap for a day about 21 hours in. Then I was fine. Still nothing compared to having had Covid. Those who don't want to vax do it at your own risk. Just don't whine how bad it is when you catch because you had a choice. If you die, your family will suffer because you didn't get the shot. That's your legacy. A friend of mine worked with a guy who refused to get it saying $100 wasn't enough. He caught Covid, spent six weeks on a ventilator and they buried him two weeks ago. He left a wife, a 3 year old and a six month old. Who suffers from his death?

I didn't have the option of a vaccine and I am lucky to be alive. If they say I need a booster every six months shoot me up.
What about all the deaths from influenza? Maybe that will be the next vaccine mandate. People die from cancer everyday and many other things. Many have died from reactions to these vaccines. But your point is not to whine about it?
My daughter made a comment months ago.... if you had this vaccine shot, you may be eligible for compensation for the problems it caused. Can almost guarantee the lawyers will start that crap in the future. Not saying there will be any truth to it but expect it to happen.

Ryan

First thing I'd like to say is get your shots don't get your shots that is your choice not mine. I will say I've had some friends that were against the vaccines two got covid and are no longer with us several got it and were in the hospital on vents but recovered still even more got it and it was no big deal they said it was like having a mild case of flu or a cold.
I kind of question some of the reports of the people who got vaccinated and got very sick or died from covid afterward. We had a severe spike after the fourth of July and four hospitals with75-100 miles from us started reporting daily or weekly and they were reporting 94-98% of patients admitted were not vaccinated. Of the 2-6% of vaccinated patients very few were on ventilators I forget the exact % and one hospital reported one death of a vaccinated patient. The surge in cases lasted about 2 months and the numbers are way down right now but seems they all have a handful of patients most of the time.
I had a flail chest in 2016 and have some plating and 45-50 screws holding my ribs together and still have a herniated lung so with some other health problems am considered high risk so I got vaccinated. I had no side effects at all after the first two and only had a sore arm after the booster.

(Edited by me)

I decided to edit my own post, to keep things civil.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: GaryHibbert
One thing that no one wants to talk about is the inflated covid death numbers. While 1 death is too much let's think for a min. How many people have actually had covid, never went and got tested and were fine? So now let's add those people into the positive tests and see what that does to the 1%.Then you have instances like my best friend is dealing with. A law suit against the state of Ohio. His brother had covid. Had lots of other things going on and committed suicide by motorcycle. His death certificate said COVID 19. How many other cases out there like this? The media in my area won't report on their case. Which is understandable because it doesn't fit their narrative. The government has been talking out of both sides of their mouths since this started and then wonder why people dont want to get the vaccine . You had the president and vice president BOTH saying when the last administration was in office they would not trust the vaccine. Then they take office and try to force the exact same vaccine down your throat. Amazing! But that's all stuff we can't talk about.

One thing that no one wants to talk about is the inflated covid death numbers. While 1 death is too much let's think for a min. How many people have actually had covid, never went and got tested and were fine? So now let's add those people into the positive tests and see what that does to the 1%.Then you have instances like my best friend is dealing with. A law suit against the state of Ohio. His brother had covid. Had lots of other things going on and committed suicide by motorcycle. His death certificate said COVID 19. How many other cases out there like this? The media in my area won't report on their case. Which is understandable because it doesn't fit their narrative. The government has been talking out of both sides of their mouths since this started and then wonder why people dont want to get the vaccine . You had the president and vice president BOTH saying when the last administration was in office they would not trust the vaccine. Then they take office and try to force the exact same vaccine down your throat. Amazing! But that's all stuff we can't talk about.
You would've liked my self deleted post. :emoji_thumbsup:

Some hospitals pumped up the numbers to receive additional Government funding, others told Uncle Sam to get F'd and were honest about the numbers.

If this post is going to continue to be full of incorrect information it might lead to debate that becomes uncivil and might be useful to just shut down now.

I have a brother and sister who are frontline healthcare workers and more friends who are the same. Saying that COVID deahts are inflated and hospitals are juicing their numbers is a slap in the face of all of the healthcare workers around the country. And it just gives the game away. The posts have nothing to do with boosters and reactions but are now just parodies of the most vile arguments about COVID propagated by Fox News, Newsmax etc. There are facts and political spin that people mistake for facts. COVID is real and people are dying.

Reactions: chopsaw
This thread is getting off track and politics are creeping in and is not far from being locked or deleted let's keep it more on topic

You would've liked my self deleted post. :emoji_thumbsup:

Some hospitals pumped up the numbers to receive additional Government funding, others told Uncle Sam to get F'd and were honest about the numbers.
Yea I guess we should just believe what we're told. We should be good little sheep.

Reactions: forktender
By getting off track if you mean not falling in line like a good sheep I guess you're right. Heaven forbid I have a difference of opinion with the left. HOW DARE I!
I know that many cast this as a left vs right debate, but it really must be about the science. Which is admittedly messy when dealing with human populations, but one follows the best, consensus science available at the time. Cherry picking outlier studies, often obscure and poorly run, that happen to support your own political views is not following the science.

I'm as conservative as they come. But I'm also a practicing scientist, with the relevant degrees and 35 years experience in the field. That's why I'm pro-vaccine. It has nothing to do with my political views. Nor should it.

Last edited:
I know that many cast this as a left vs right debate, but it really must be about the science. Which is admittedly messy when dealing with human populations, but one follows the best, consensus science available at the time. Cherry picking outlier studies, often obscure and poorly run, that happen to support your own political views is not following the science.

I'm as conservative as they come, some might consider me right wing though I don't think I'm that far out on the bell curve. But I'm also a practicing scientist, with the relevant degrees and 35 years experience in the field. That's why I'm pro-vaccine. It has nothing to do with my political views. Nor should it.
should the choice to get the vaccine be left to the individual or should it be mandated?

I'm as conservative as they come, some might consider me right wing though I don't think I'm that far out on the bell curve. But I'm also a practicing scientist, with the relevant degrees and 35 years experience in the field. That's why I'm pro-vaccine. It has nothing to do with my political views. Nor should it.
Yea I'm pro vaccine myself. BUT, when they say heard immunity is once we hit 75% of people vaccinated and now they are threatening people's jobs to get to 100% of the population vaccinated? From what I've read that's not the point of a vaccine. If everyone gets vaccinated won't it just produce a different strain of virus to spread? So then it becomes a never ending thing. If we have as to fight covid through other avenues with pills and medicine that have an efficiency of up to 90% of reducing hospitalizations then why the need for the push of a vaccine for something that kills less than 1% of the people that get it? Or the .08 of kids that get it? That's what's irritating. They say follow the science. Are we though?

Yea I'm pro vaccine myself. BUT, when they say heard immunity is once we hit 75% of people vaccinated and now they are threatening people's jobs to get to 100% of the population vaccinated? From what I've read that's not the point of a vaccine. If everyone gets vaccinated won't it just produce a different strain of virus to spread? So then it becomes a never ending thing. If we have as to fight covid through other avenues with pills and medicine that have an efficiency of up to 90% of reducing hospitalizations then why the need for the push of a vaccine for something that kills less than 1% of the people that get it? Or the .08 of kids that get it? That's what's irritating. They say follow the science. Are we though?

To keep this in one post, I'll address the question from bill ace 350 bill ace 350 first. I'm deeply uncomfortable with government mandates. Much better if people retain the right to make their own choices, and enough of them make the smart choice so that mandates never come up as an option. I do love the fact that smallpox has been vaccinated into extinction, and polio is likely to follow (it only exists now in a few small populations in more remote parts of the world), but since the coronaviruses mutate faster and have a shorter incubation time, these vaccines will never be that successful at preventing the disease--though they're really impressive in their ability to keep people from dying from Covid. If I ran the policy zoo and wanted to be serious about tamping down Covid19 transmission to the maximum extent possible, I'd exempt some job classes from the vaccine mandate, and for the others accept proof of vaccination, weekly testing, or solid proof of a previous infection. Any of the three. But I'm not in the policy arena (and I'm happy about that!)

To Tgrim's points, getting most people vaccinated will NOT cause other strains of the virus to spread. That hasn't happened with other vaccines. The danger in not getting any virus outbreak tamped down quickly is that everyone who gets infected becomes an incubator; viruses mutate randomly, and occasionally one of those mutations makes the virus more 'successful' (which generally means more transmissible). Will even worse strains of Covid emerge? That's impossible to know, but having fewer people incubating the virus reduces the possibility. So that's good not only for the individual's health, but also for public health.

The non-vaccine treatments for Covid 19 that have emerged are really impressive. The antibody cocktails, such as the Regeneron cocktail, have saved many people. The small-molecule treatments that are on the horizon (Merck's molnupiravir and Pfizer's Paxlovid) are closest to approval, and they also look great. But the antibody cocktails cost about $4K for the drug, plus the cost of the stay in the hospital or clinic. Merck announced molnupiravir will cost $700 for a course of treatment, Pfizer will likely price their drug similarly, but both have the advantage of not requiring a hospital stay. But none of those treatments, however impressive, confer immunity to Covid. That's not cost-effective, when the vaccines cost $10 to $20 (and the Feds have been paying for them; I don't think anyone in the US has been charged for a Covid vaccination).

Yeah, you can be fully vaccinated and still have some risk of catching Covid. But you have almost zero risk of arriving at the hospital needing a $4000 infusion, or at the doctor's office needing a $700 prescription.

Reactions: Buckeye02
What about all the deaths from influenza? Maybe that will be the next vaccine mandate. People die from cancer everyday and many other things. Many have died from reactions to these vaccines. But your point is not to whine about it?
My daughter made a comment months ago.... if you had this vaccine shot, you may be eligible for compensation for the problems it caused. Can almost guarantee the lawyers will start that crap in the future. Not saying there will be any truth to it but expect it to happen.

Ryan

Have many people really died of the vaccine? People die every day after eating breakfast but did they die from eating breakfast? For the most part the "deaths from the vaccine" are being reported from one side of the aisle. The hospitals are not full of people who have been vaccinated, whether the day before or months before. I have not heard more than a handful of credible cases of people dying from the vaccine while I know of people who actually have died of Covid. Just like with Covid, those who get vaccinated are less likely to die from influenza. I get that shot too.

Anti-vaxxers aren't going to vax. There is nothing I can do about that but protect myself. I would prefer not to be sitting on a plane, in a restaurant, at a concert with someone who has Covid and statistically the probability of that happening is higher with an unvaccinated person. The chance of that individual person being infected is still low but when half the people are unvaccinated I want nothing to do with the situation. Can I do something about it, yes and no. I live in a high vaccination region in a high vaccination state so I am in a safer place. I also travel a lot to record live music. Have I gone to places I consider higher risk? Las Vegas has been my limit. I did not go to any of the Eric Clapton shows and skipped a bunch of Rolling Stones shows the last few months. Avoiding those shows made me safer as has getting my booster shot. If people do not want to get vaccinated, they should need to prove they are not infected before attending events so they are not out there spreading the virus. Is that too much to ask?

Have many people really died of the vaccine? People die every day after eating breakfast but did they die from eating breakfast? For the most part the "deaths from the vaccine" are being reported from one side of the aisle. The hospitals are not full of people who have been vaccinated, whether the day before or months before. I have not heard more than a handful of credible cases of people dying from the vaccine while I know of people who actually have died of Covid. Just like with Covid, those who get vaccinated are less likely to die from influenza. I get that shot too.

Anti-vaxxers aren't going to vax. There is nothing I can do about that but protect myself. I would prefer not to be sitting on a plane, in a restaurant, at a concert with someone who has Covid and statistically the probability of that happening is higher with an unvaccinated person. The chance of that individual person being infected is still low but when half the people are unvaccinated I want nothing to do with the situation. Can I do something about it, yes and no. I live in a high vaccination region in a high vaccination state so I am in a safer place. I also travel a lot to record live music. Have I gone to places I consider higher risk? Las Vegas has been my limit. I did not go to any of the Eric Clapton shows and skipped a bunch of Rolling Stones shows the last few months. Avoiding those shows made me safer as has getting my booster shot. If people do not want to get vaccinated, they should need to prove they are not infected before attending events so they are not out there spreading the virus. Is that too much to ask?
But if you took the shot, and it is so effective, why would you worry about who you are sitting next to? And, how would you know? Do you ask people about that?

This is what I don't get. The supposed efficacy of this shot. "Vaccines" used to give acquired immunity. That is the thing, this is not a vaccine. It's a shot that may keep you from getting really sick from covid, although I don't think there is any proof that that is the case. Maybe there is.

I had Covid once, maybe twice. Why should I get a shot for it? That makes me an "anti-vaxxer"? What a stupid term. Maybe it just means I don't want the shot. Why should I be forced to get it to keep hospital beds open for diabetics, heart disease patients, drug overdoes, etc.? When did the government and the general public become responsible for hospital management?

And yes, your proof thing about attending events is WAY too much to ask. YOU stay home if you are so afraid.

It is all absurd.

Reactions: 801driver
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky