Couple of SD loaves.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Redicans

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2023
Hawaii
Got my starter back up and going a while ago after being dormant in my fridge for way too long. Took about a week but is strong again. Been making some nice bread and thought I would finally post a couple.

My daughter wanted to try an olive loaf so we tried that on one and the other was just plain. A lesson I learned is I should have dried off the Kalamata olives a bit before I folded them in but it still came out good. Took a while for the dough to absorb some of that moisture as I stretched and folded before the olives wanted to stay put in the dough. Daughter was very happy with it and that is all that matters😂😂. The plain one was really good even thought it was a bit dense. Still learning about proper hydration.

IMG_5595.jpeg
IMG_5596.jpeg
IMG_5597.jpeg
IMG_5598.jpeg

Last edited:
My starter is doing good. Just trying to find time to actually make a loaf is killing me! But you failed on your bread....I dont see a pic one to drool over. Especially that olive loaf! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink:

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: Redicans
I don't know why my pics were not loading. I think I got it worked out though.

My starter is doing good. Just trying to find time to actually make a loaf is killing me! But you failed on your bread....I dont see a pic one to drool over. Especially that olive loaf! :emoji_laughing: :emoji_wink:

Jim
Fixed it for you, Hahaha!! I hear you on time. It is a process for sure!!

Reactions: JLeonard
I love looking at these bread threads. I watch my carbs (kinda sorta) and this stuff kills me.
I hear you as I am doing the same. I can only eat a little bit. Hard for me not to just say screw it and devour a whole loaf.

I hear you as I am doing the same. I can only eat a little bit. Hard for me not to just say screw it and devour a whole loaf.
I really enjoy the creativity of all you bread makers, and probably don't comment enough. To the carbs, I just made a box of jiffy corn muffin mix and wow, I read the box and almost called 911 over the carb content. Never mind the handful of shredded cheese I added.

• Haha
Man ,,, those are both fantastic . Really nice loaves . I'm taking a break , but I did send one with my Daughter for her friends Mom. Guess who wants more bread .
I should have dried off the Kalamata olives a bit
That or dust them with whatever flour you're using .
Still learning about proper hydration.
I'm running at 75% , but it depends on what flour I use .
Glad you posted those , they look great .

RiC, Your bread looks scrumptious!
Thanks!! crazymoon crazymoon

Man ,,, those are both fantastic . Really nice loaves . I'm taking a break , but I did send one with my Daughter for her friends Mom. Guess who wants more bread .

That or dust them with whatever flour you're using .

I'm running at 75% , but it depends on what flour I use .
Glad you posted those , they look great .
Thanks!! And I will try the dusting next time. That is a great idea!
Oh you did alright! Looks mighty good.

Jim
Thanks Jim!!

Good looking SD Sean! My poor starter is also neglected. I getting ready to make that Peasant Bread I made few weeks back this morning. I thought it was almost as good as my SD and so much easier. Guess I will find out if I can pull it off again.

Good looking SD Sean! My poor starter is also neglected. I getting ready to make that Peasant Bread I made few weeks back this morning. I thought it was almost as good as my SD and so much easier. Guess I will find out if I can pull it off again.
Thanks Brian, yeah my Starter was in bad shape but surprised me at how fast and strong it came back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky