Couple of Butts - Q-view!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by davenh, Sep 18, 2008.

1. blmoore20

blmoore20 Newbie

Hey, DaveNH... nice butt[​IMG]

We are almost neighbors... Brookline NH

Doing a butt and some ABT's for The Game this weekend, I'm going to try your apple juice and brown sugar spritz... sounds good.

2. lord of the ring

lord of the ring Smoke Blower

Hey Blmoore, i was telling DaveNH that i used to live in Manchvegas. He said its nice and cool up there!

BTW do you know about the brookline fire dept. BBQ compettition?

3. 1chaos52

1chaos52 Smoke Blower

DaveNH, I think I can smell them from my desk at work. If you see a red Mini Cooper with black stripes in your neighborhood, that is me trying to track you down to get some of that great looking pork. [​IMG]

Hey Lord of the Ring and blmoore20, I am a Manchvegas resident. Good to see a few more present and forme New Englanders on here. I have taken a couple of weeks off from smoking since I had a huge party a couple weeks back where I smoked a lot of pork, beans, and ABT's.

4. lord of the ring

Hey Chaos, I used to live over by Gill stadium, I was in town last weekend, hung out at strange brew and had a couple arrogant bastards. I wont be missin the snow this winter i'll tell you that! but it's too freakin hot down here.

I'll be doing some Q'n this weekend, and i'll share the pics with you all.

Go Pats!

5. davenh

davenh Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Jeanie...if I thought it would keep I'd toss a chunk in an envelope for ya [​IMG]

It is pretty cool to see others the area out here [​IMG].

If your going to work that hard to track down the Q then you deserve some [​IMG].

Funny...I understood where you guys were talking about, but just had to look up Manchvegas...LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ManchVegas

6. davenh

Here's some q-view of the other butt going in the foil with some apple juice [​IMG].

They are getting close to 190, so won't be long before they go in the cooler for a few hours to rest [​IMG]

Almost 15hrs so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will post finished pics later tonight [​IMG].

7. lord of the ring

Good call on the wikipedia hyperlink, i used to live it every day, I haven't checked wikipedia in a while for the definition!

You NH'ers gotta try smoking on Alder wood sometime. I met a friend down here who had 120lbs shipped from seatlle to Orlando, and now we get crowds at the bar and pool for BBQ like i've never seen, people come out of their condos to see where that smell is coming from.

Did any of you guys go to the RibFest this year at Budwieser this summer?

8. davenh

Not far at all! Just the other side Hollis (have family in Hollis), right next door to you. [​IMG]

One thing I haven't done yet is ABTs, got to try some. You'll like the apple juice/brown sugar mix [​IMG].

I ordered some a couple years ago, 25lb box. Mostly use it when hot smoking salmon and it is good [​IMG]. My fav is Hickory [​IMG].

9. blmoore20

blmoore20 Newbie

Know it? I run it[​IMG]

3rd year and a huge success.

10. lord of the ring

Do you know Phil S? He's the one who got me started with the WSM!

11. 1chaos52

1chaos52 Smoke Blower

Was at the Brew myself on Friday night for a couple of beers.

Buddy of mine told me about the Q thing in Brookline but was unable to go this year. Maybe next time.

12. davenh

Here's some finished pics [​IMG].

Out of the foil, the first reached 200 in 15hrs. The second one finished 1.5hrs later, 16.5 hrs. Rested in the cooler for a couple hrs.

[​IMG]

Pulled

[​IMG]

Want a bite? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ezmoney

ezmoney Meat Mopper

GA
    Good grief...that's just...PERFECT!!! [​IMG]

14. yup..about as perfect as it gets right there! you can almost taste this Q-view lol

15. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Killer meat Dave.

16. Yes, yes I do want a bite.
    Nice job!

Dave

17. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Super job as usual. [​IMG]

18. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

dave, those are some great lookin finish pix!!!! that hadta be good great job!!!
    [​IMG]

19. 1chaos52

1chaos52 Smoke Blower

Looking good Dave. The bark is beautiful on that and it looks very tasty. I have a butt sitting in my freezer that I am going to have to smoke soon, but thinking of doing another chicken this weekend. I have been doing whole chickens skinless lately and they have been coming out really good, even more moist and tasty than when I have done them with skin.

20. mrsb

mrsb Smoking Fanatic

Wow, I hope my butt looks that good!!! [​IMG] Doing one this weekend.