Couple more CI pans redone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I mention the wire brush , because sometimes they can leave residue behind , that will rust faster than the other material . Sounds like you have it figured out . I got the cast iron of my youth at the end of last summer . Got them all cleaned up . Been meaning to post them . A 1940 to 1950 Lodge 10 " and a Wagner 12 " pre- 60's . Both like glass inside , and a lot lighter than the new stuff .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
i use coca cola,, eats nicely. although not done one as bad as picture..

I mention the wire brush , because sometimes they can leave residue behind , that will rust faster than the other material . Sounds like you have it figured out . I got the cast iron of my youth at the end of last summer . Got them all cleaned up . Been meaning to post them . A 1940 to 1950 Lodge 10 " and a Wagner 12 " pre- 60's . Both like glass inside , and a lot lighter than the new stuff .
That's cool! Post them up! Glad you got them, it's great to get something that has meaning and value (not monetary value) to you.

Ryan

i use coca cola,, eats nicely. although not done one as bad as picture..
I could see where that would eat through some crap. My daughter has had pretty good luck using water and vinegar but it takes awhile!

Ryan

I use vinegar in porcelain dutch oven n fry pan , just cover bottom n low heat then brush.. but never on my cast pans or stamped iron.. coca cola really eats..

Those look awesome Ryan. I have a couple that I need to get off my ass and do. Thanks for sharing your method.
Thank you! It's not hard, just takes a little time...plus I enjoy it!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky