Couple Butts and some ABT's w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Butts were on sale for $.99 lb this past week so I picked a couple up and figured I would throw them in the smoker on Saturday night and let them roll.
oct1.jpg

Rinsed and fixing to get injected with apple juice.
oct2.jpg

All rubbed down and getting happy. Was out of homemade rub and too lazy to make anymore so used some John Boy and Billy pork rub I had picked up awhile back.
Oct3.jpg

Filled the maze with apple pellets and put the butts to bed for the night at 225
Oct4.jpg

When I woke up in the morning
Oct5.jpg

They stalled hard around 153. I finally wrapped them up in pans about 158 and cranked the temp to 250. Took 18 hours and finally hit 203 on both.

After the rest. Look at all the delicious pork fat gold juices and bone basically falling out on its own.
Oct6.jpg

Pulled and dumped the liquid pork gold on the top
Oct8.jpg

Didn't get any prep pics but smoked these for 250 for 2 hours. Basic filling cream cheese cheddar cheese, garlic powder, black and cayenne peppers
Oct7.jpg

And the finale. This pork was so juicy and moist didn't need finishing sauce or bbq sauce. Plated with hush puppies, curly fries, and a couple ABT's. Not a bad easy dinner! Plus now I've had lunch all week.
Oct9.jpg

Thanks for looking!

John

All I can say is Scrumpdillyicious. Man those butts and ABTs look fantastic John.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW: You better stock up that beer fridge for this weekend. Dogs vs. Vols.

Go Dogs!!!

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Wow John really nice job there, LIKE LIKE!

Especially like the dinner plate.

What up with mixing beers? Coors Light - Miller Lite

Does that mean you are an equal opportunity beer drinker? :emoji_laughing:

John

Lol I don't discriminate when it comes to beers! Open to beer fridge and grab whichever cold one looks the best! Thanks for the like John

All I can say is Scrumpdillyicious. Man those butts and ABTs look fantastic John.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW: You better stock up that beer fridge for this weekend. Dogs vs. Vols.

Go Dogs!!!

I already got the beer fridge stocked up Chris! Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Natty Light, PBR, Rolling Rock, Yeungling, and the good craft stuff on the bottom!

Being a Vols fan you have to keep beers stocked up to ease the pain!

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky