Country Style Ribs (CSRs)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for bumping this post up guys. I was wondering what to try next. Gonna use the recipe step by step since they look so good.  
439.gif

Thanks for bumping this post up guys. I was wondering what to try next. Gonna use the recipe step by step since they look so good.  
439.gif

Thanks Dray!!

Just yell if you have any questions.

Bear

Newbie question, Bear.  So you smoke the ribs right on the smoker rack to begin with, and not in a pan, right?
Yes---To get some good light smoke on them---I think for 2 1/2 hours.

Then I did 1 1/2 in covered foil pan.

Then I ran my Weber Q up to 500*, and lined them up on that, coated them with BBQ sauce & flipped them around until they were a little scorched on the surfaces.

Bear

Thanks, Bear.  I'm still very much in the student phase and am smoking more than we can eat.  Fortunately, I've got hungry friends.
LOL---Must be doing good if the friends are devouring all your overflow!!!

Bear

Smoking some CSRs along with some spare ribs on the Broil Keg today. Doing the ribs 3-2-1, and the CSR's like Bear did. Only got this new cooker (Broil King Keg) 2 weeks ago and alreay have grilled on it, smoked brisket and cooked pizza. Can't wait for the ribs!:yahoo:

Smoking some CSRs along with some spare ribs on the Broil Keg today. Doing the ribs 3-2-1, and the CSR's like Bear did. Only got this new cooker (Broil King Keg) 2 weeks ago and alreay have grilled on it, smoked brisket and cooked pizza. Can't wait for the ribs!
yahoo.gif
Sounds Great, Dennis!!!

Be careful with the CSRs. If they're in the thin side, they can Dry out pretty quick.

Bear

How can you prevent drying out?  Watch internal temp closely, use water or something else?  Also I'm not understanding the water thing.  Bear doesn't show using it with the CSRs.  Is there a rule of thumb with water?  Thanks.

How can you prevent drying out?  Watch internal temp closely, use water or something else?  Also I'm not understanding the water thing.  Bear doesn't show using it with the CSRs.  Is there a rule of thumb with water?  Thanks.
HI there, i followed Bears step by step and went according to his temps and exact times and had no dry problems at all. I've actually done these twice this way and turned out gr8 each time. Did not use water. Good luck!
Fred
P.S. Just noticed you're at 9000 feet. That's probably gonna change things...awful dry up there. Suggest moving downhill...LOL. You might want to use the water pan after all. Again, good luck.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky