Could wood chunks dried for 1 week be ok to smoke with???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the quick reply. I live out of town and was thinking of picking up a couple of boards today.

Now, With the thoughful answer you gave me has not only saved me the trip to the HD, but possibably saved me a trip to the hosipital as well.

You are right, who knows what the drying process adds to the wood?

I will use what Hickory I have left, it is probably enough for the day.

Thanks again..

TTYL

Also, Seven cords of wood? That sounds like enough to heat my house for half the winter. Are you talking full cords (4'x4'x8') or pickup box cords?

I will look into the GOSM in the next week or so, thanks for the advice about catalog ordering it...

TTYL

Yup, Peter!

Seven full 4X4X8 cords. I order it log length and process it myself. A logger friend provides the wood and a friend trucks it. Have a Husqvarna 455 Rancher saw and a TroyBilt 27 ton log splitter. Still have a full cord of log length maple I did not get to last year. As a matter of fact I am involved in the processing as we speak. Been off for a few days and have been hard at it. Making wood for warmth and for smoking as well.
Cheers!
Monty

mesquite is GREAT on brisket and chicken.

its the charcoal and mesquite combo i would suspect.

hickory is GREAT on pork and turkey.

thats my story and im sticking to it!

before becoming the hoodooblues man,
i was called the red river wet back

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky