• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cotton Picking Ga

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
It's been going for awhile we went to the Ag Expo in Moultrie last month and while driving up we saw many combines harvesting cotton. The Expo had cotton harvesting demonstrations. They are still harvesting peanuts in GA, FL, and AL we saw them working this week in GA and FL and still seeing fields not harvested.

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Oh man! I've driven through the Mississippi delta many times during this time of year and the fields would look almost snow covered. That pic takes me back,
Jim

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
It's been going for awhile we went to the Ag Expo in Moultrie last month and while driving up we saw many combines harvesting cotton. The Expo had cotton harvesting demonstrations. They are still harvesting peanuts in GA, FL, and AL we saw them working this week in GA and FL and still seeing fields not harvested.
Yeah been going strong down here for a month or so. A few peanuts still on the ground but most are out. We live about 1/2 mile from a peanut plant and there are running 24/7.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
That's cool. Any pics of the haversters? We had snow 3 days ago

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Yes sir should be able to get some tomorrow morning. Looked like a spaceship landed in the field tonight when they were picking after dark lol

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I noticed the cotton was ready in VA last week. I like how they are sitting in the field baled. Looks like dirty jumbo marshmallows!

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
I noticed the cotton was ready in VA last week. I like how they are sitting in the field baled. Looks like dirty jumbo marshmallows!
Here in Mississippi they make Bales the size of box trucks. Its amazing how they load them on the trucks.
Jim
4A2E8CB1-0920-429C-B411-8B5DCA5D96EE.jpeg

Last edited:

912smoker

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 29, 2020
Yes sir the magic of hydraulics.
I love watching the trucks back up to load them. Still have a good many of the round bales in the area to but most have gone to the larger modules

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.