Costco Score

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bigtank

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 10, 2018
Algona IA
I've been looking for the Japanese BBQ Sauce for a couple months, ever since I heard about it here. After checking the local stores and Walmarts with no luck. I was doing some grocery shopping at Costco today and spotted a 34oz bottle, I was surprised. Now the question is what do you use it on?
20230204_183102.jpg

Use in place of teriyaki, tare, Bulldog and others sauces.
Use it on chicken or pork katsu or yakitori.
Use it in ramen to add a little flavor.
Use as a glaze for meat cooked open fire or grill style hibachi.
BBQ chicken, sausage or meatballs.
More.
More.
More.

Reactions: TNJAKE
This is made in our backyard. Buchan’s is local stuff. It’s amazing on shrimp and chicken. We like to marinate it at least 24 hours. Another favorite is beef jerky. I cut my eye of round in 1/4” strips and marinate for 3-4 days. Then, I lay it flat on the screens and then apply a favorite rub. It’s not the conventional way to do it but folks rave over it.

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Man, I gotta find some of that. I've been experimenting with boneless skinless chicken breast jerky using cure #1 and Yoshida sauce. I'm addicted to the stuff. I'd absolutely try that Japanese BBQ Sauce for making chicken jerky.

Last edited:
I keep seeing this stuff on here I’m gonna have to hunt some down. Show much does it usually go for?

I can't find my receipt, but I thought it was 8.99

Thanks for the ideas I will post the cook results when I use it.

Made a quick shrimp stir fry for lunch it turned out very good, however I think I was a little light on the sauce next time I would add more.
20230205_125729.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky