Cornish Game Hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Morning smokers just stopping in to post up our Christmas meal. Started the day off with some cowboy queso to snack on during the day. Ground beef, red onion, cilantro, red pepper flakes,black beans, Rotel, velveeta, pepper jack, pale ale
IMG_20201225_105309.jpg

No finished pic but looks the same only melted lol

Had cornish hens for supper. Rubbed up with some cajun seasoning tx smoker tx smoker sent me. Onto the smoker at 225 for some smoke
IMG_20201225_151517.jpg

After about an hour
IMG_20201225_163548.jpg

Cranked up heat to 350 to crisp the skin. Here's a pic of them resting on the counter. Very juicy with some crispy cajun skin
IMG_20201225_181641.jpg
IMG_20201225_181649.jpg

Plated up with some asparagus topped with fresh parmesan, mozzarella, pepper jack and thyme,bacon. Also some wild rice with shitake and portabello shrooms. Was a pretty tasty meal. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
IMG_20201225_182042.jpg

Morning smokers just stopping in to post up our Christmas meal. Started the day off with some cowboy queso to snack on during the day. Ground beef, red onion, cilantro, red pepper flakes,black beans, Rotel, velveeta, pepper jack, pale aleView attachment 477217
No finished pic but looks the same only melted lol

Had cornish hens for supper. Rubbed up with some cajun seasoning tx smoker tx smoker sent me. Onto the smoker at 225 for some smokeView attachment 477218
After about an hourView attachment 477219
Cranked up heat to 350 to crisp the skin. Here's a pic of them resting on the counter. Very juicy with some crispy cajun skinView attachment 477220View attachment 477221
Plated up with some asparagus topped with fresh parmesan, mozzarella, pepper jack and thyme,bacon. Also some wild rice with shitake and portabello shrooms. Was a pretty tasty meal. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!View attachment 477222
Good looking meal!

Looks like a great feast Jake
I've never had cornish game hens guess I need to try some

Jake that all looks great. First that cowboy queso I could probably drink lol!! The overall meal is gorgeous and man those birds are perfect. I need to do some. I’ve picked them up a few times recently in the store. They have been pricey and always frozen. Guess I need to just do it!

Jake that all looks great. First that cowboy queso I could probably drink lol!! The overall meal is gorgeous and man those birds are perfect. I need to do some. I’ve picked them up a few times recently in the store. They have been pricey and always frozen. Guess I need to just do it!
Thanks Jeff that cowboy queso is some amazing stuff. I've only seen frozen game hens. I picked these up at sam's in a 6pk for about 20 bucks which is a pretty good price imo
Screenshot_20201227_082156.png

Great looking meal Jake, birds look amazing and cheese dip, well, its cheese dip, nuff said

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas meal! I love doing those little game hens....Ryder thinks it's cool to have his own whole chicken! Lol! I bet the queso was awesome! And adding shrooms to the rice is something I'll have to try out for sure.

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas meal! I love doing those little game hens....Ryder thinks it's cool to have his own whole chicken! Lol! I bet the queso was awesome! And adding shrooms to the rice is something I'll have to try out for sure.
Appreciate it Travis. Was a great meal for sure. I'll get you the recipe Emily used for the rice. It's got all sorts of stuff in it. Very tasty

Reactions: Sowsage
Great looking meal right there Jake. The hens look absolutely fantastic but I'd fall all over myself for some of that asparagus. Excellent job buddy. I love those little hens and ate them regularly when I was young but they seem to have gone by the wayside for whatever reason. Maybe it's time to rejuvenate that love affair.

Robert

Great looking meal right there Jake. The hens look absolutely fantastic but I'd fall all over myself for some of that asparagus. Excellent job buddy. I love those little hens and ate them regularly when I was young but they seem to have gone by the wayside for whatever reason. Maybe it's time to rejuvenate that love affair.

Robert
Thanks Robert that cajun seasoning you sent was perfect on them. I ate 3 helpings of the asparagus lol

Great job on those birds! Love that pic with all six on the smoker. I could have made a meal out of the dip!

Ryan

Reactions: bunny
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky