• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Corned beef and pastrami on the Smokin’-It 3

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Wow , good size , but lots of cut off.
Will be nice for St. Patrick's Day

David

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
I'll bring the Rye bread......When we eating?
Jim

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Should be a good one. I’ll cure a few flats and vac pack them for later. We like to celebrate St Patrick’s throughout the entire year! sláinte!

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
watching this one! I have always wanted to start from scratch for pastrami...havent done it yet tho

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Oh my word, a 21# brisket. The steer must have weighed in around 1800 # hoof weight. You did a nice job in butterflying the point, I predict it's going to be great.

dert

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 3, 2013
watching this one! I have always wanted to start from scratch for pastrami...havent done it yet tho
Super easy to do, just start with a big brisket cause you’ll want more!
The last few I’ve done I actually used eye of rounds for super lean pastrami thin sliced lunch meat

dert

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 3, 2013
Hit half of the point and flat with yellow mustard, coriander seeds and black peppercorns and into the smoker today at 11:00 with a combo of mesquite and apple at 225*F

Wurstmeister

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2018
That is one beautiful piece of work my friend. I'm looing onward past St Pat's day and traditional CB&C and move right into a homemade Ruben, 1/2 kosher dill pickle and a side of slaw or potato salad. Don't forget good dark beer with a shot! 🍻

dert

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 3, 2013
Pulled the flat off at 7:30, on for 8.5, still solid enough to slice, point still smokin IT at 160...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.