Corn cob pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The first 2 bags wasn't in pellet form. Odd shapes and sizes, nothing bigger then say a 1/2 a pellet. Burned great in the tray and tube. This bag is all pellets, still burns burns good. I can get a pic if you want.
Thanks for the reply. Online my store doesn't have it in stock but when I go to the next town it shows they stock it so I'll check it out. I figured it'll burn in the Amnps like dust if anything but they are so light they'll burn fast.

Thanks for the reply. Online my store doesn't have it in stock but when I go to the next town it shows they stock it so I'll check it out. I figured it'll burn in the Amnps like dust if anything but they are so light they'll burn fast.

They dont burn fast. I will see if I can get a pic of the old stuff tomorrow. I was confused with this bag as it was pellets. Did about 120 lbs of hams, 60 lbs of bacons with them. Worked just like the non pellet stuff

OK, so are these CC pellets really pellets now, or does it depend? And, do you guys use the pellets in the form they come in, or are you making dust?

Just getting it straight in my head.

We lived in northern Vermont where cob smoked hams and cheeses are the norm. Years ago when I bought my maze tray, Amaz-n- had tons of cob pellets. I guess the company is no longer? I can not find them anywhere now, BUT… cob smoke flavor is outstanding I use it almost exclusively on cheeses in the winter … I am however almost out of my supply. Try it at 3 hours and I’m sure you’ll fall in love with it

We lived in northern Vermont where cob smoked hams and cheeses are the norm. Years ago when I bought my maze tray, Amaz-n- had tons of cob pellets. I guess the company is no longer? I can not find them anywhere now, BUT… cob smoke flavor is outstanding I use it almost exclusively on cheeses in the winter … I am however almost out of my supply. Try it at 3 hours and I’m sure you’ll fall in love with it
TSC Tractor supply Co online sells 100% corn cob pellets/crumbles, no filler or additives for horse bedding a few people have mentioned here. Todd's were small pellets. 40lbs./$10.

TSC Tractor supply Co online sells 100% corn cob pellets/crumbles, no filler or additives for horse bedding a few people have mentioned here. Todd's were small pellets. 40lbs./$10.
Will have to check local TSC again. When did a while back it was a no-go.

Just bought a bag today and mixed some in with hickory to cold smoke a ham tomorrow. This will be my first smoke with cob, hope it does well.
I’m curious how your ham turned out, Cajun Smokes. Just found a TSC that had a bag. I have 30 lbs of pork belly dry curing right now and can’t wait to try out this interesting method on the Yoder. Just wondering about the ratio? I thought about mixing it with some Lumberjack Cherry for color.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky