Corn anyone?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well we are 2 for 2 now. This one came in last night. Apparently teenagers stole this one and were involved in a police chase. It ended when they landed into the side of a house! Seems things are getting crazy around here
0918201012a.jpg
0918201011_HDR.jpg
0918201011.jpg

Lol! Well my guess is that could be true given the state of mind he was probably in!

Not exactly the Best way to Harvest Corn, in my book!!

I remember when I was in 10th Grade, we saw films in "Driver-Ed".
The parts where they wanted to scare us were from Ohio, on some Highway they claimed was the most dangerous in the country, at that time. It was pretty scary, but I wasn't even old enough to drive at that time. LOL

Bear

That car had to be moving to have corn break through the laminated Safety Glass! My first car was a '70 Dodge Coronet 500. A Battle Tank from the days they were still making them to last. I had a head on crash with a new '79 Ford Granada. Although no one was hurt, the Ford front end, lots of Plastic, was destroyed and required a Flatbed to haul it away. My ALL AMERICAN STEEL DODGE? There was a fist sized dent in the front splash pan just below the bumper! They don't make them like that anymore...JJ

LOL---They were Tanks!!!
I had a 67 Dodge Coronet 440, and I pulled out of the Allentown Fairgounds. Cars & Vans were parked all over the place, so I couldn't see this little Sports Car coming, and he was really flying low. He ran head on, straight into my Passenger side door. I had the Window rolled down inside the door, and the Little car was Totaled, and he didn't even break the glass in my passenger side door. He laid about 50' of skid marks forward, and 5' backwards, after bouncing off my door.

Bear

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Not exactly the Best way to Harvest Corn, in my book!!

I remember when I was in 10th Grade, we saw films in "Driver-Ed".
The parts where they wanted to scare us were from Ohio, on some Highway they claimed was the most dangerous in the country, at that time. It was pretty scary, but I wasn't even old enough to drive at that time. LOL

Bear
Bear I'm not sure when that was but for the longest time where I75 and I70 crossed it was one of the most dangerous. They called it the "malfunction junction". It has since been changed into a better system I'm about 50 miles north east of there.

Bear I'm not sure when that was but for the longest time where I75 and I70 crossed it was one of the most dangerous. They called it the "malfunction junction". It has since been changed into a better system I'm about 50 miles north east of there.

This (below) was the one We saw in the 60s:

Signal 30 (1959)
Picture8.jpg

From 1959 to 1979, Highway Safety Films of Mansfield, Ohio—the filmmaking arm of the Highway Safety Commission—produced a memorably gruesome and disturbingly long line of educational films aimed at young drivers. The no-budget, comically bad Signal 30 (police lingo for “traffic fatality” and shot in “living—and dying”—color) was the company’s first. Using actual, after-accident footage of mangled corpses, the film marked a new “bad cop” approach to driving safety. It won a National Safety Council Award and set the stages for a number of grizzly sequels, including Mechanized Death, Wheels of Tragedy, Highway Of Agony.

You can probably Search it & find out the Ohio roads in the movie.

I remember one in the movie of a Truck carrying Long Pipes, about 4" to 6" in diameter. That truck did a head-on, and the pipes came right through the back of the cab and crushed the driver to the dash. Wasn't pretty!

Bear

On edit: I just checked---Searching "Signal 30" will get you to the Driver-Ed Safety films from between 1959 and 1979.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sowsage
Lol JJ, I know what you mean! Everything is plastic now! And expensive! A slight fender bender now a days is a $2500 repair. Your right they don't make them like they used to thats for sure. I will say that todays cars are not built to hold up in an accident. They are made in ways to crush in certaint areas to absorb impact and and keep the passengers safe. The safety technology in these cars now is incredible!
Government mandate requires the vehicle crash absorbing and expensive crush zones as well as the airbag placements and deploys.
Anyone remember the 5 mph bumpers from the 70's. They were really ugly, but worked pretty good and the regulations should have stopped there.
Now we have the $5k fender benders

From the first cupholder pic, I'm not surprised drinking was involved. Drinking soda at 100 is not unlike whiskey at 50. And in an SUV no less.

From the 2nd seat pic, well heck, even Rapid Roy the Stockcar Boy only has a toothpick in his mouth when he does a hundred miles an hour...keeps his cigarettes rolled up in his T-shirt sleeve.

Here is a picture of the stolen one in the side of the house. Yeeeeee......haww..... Lol!
Screenshot_20200921-170450~2.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky