Coppa Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
So I have 6 coppa roast about 12-13 pds total. Bought them for the TN gathering that we were unable to attend. I was wondering...can I cook these like a whole butt for pulled pork? Planning on only doing 2 since it’s just the tree of us. Thanks for any input.
Jim

Planning on only doing 2 since it’s just the tree of us. Thanks for any input.
Jim
Tree of us? Make sure you get some good bark on it. Lol. Sorry I couldn’t keep from commenting.
Yes you should be able to make pulled or it would work good for slicing. Can’t wait to see the pics.

Reactions: JLeonard
So I have 6 coppa roast about 12-13 pds total. Bought them for the TN gathering that we were unable to attend. I was wondering...can I cook these like a whole butt for pulled pork? Planning on only doing 2 since it’s just the tree of us. Thanks for any input.
Jim
I save the Coppa end roasts (money muscle + 3 or 4 of the tubes) when I make sausage or use pork butt in a recipe. Barbecue it just like you would a butt. I like it sliceable, so my final internal is in the 180° - 190° range. I always inject or brine, and often do a wrap finish.... that is where the cutting board juices come from.
5BCq3gF.jpg

Lol smokin peachey smokin peachey i try to proof read before I post. You caught me!
disco disco ive seen your post on that. May just do it that way.
thirdeye thirdeye man that looks good! Thinking you guys have made my mind up.
thanks guys!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky