Cool and refreshing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

four20

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
Laurens S.C.
I did not get but a couple pics of dinner, but I wanted to put it up here just in cases someone is browsing for a simple meal.

I preheated my coal grinder to a scorching 500 F with a cast iron skillet in it. I oiled the salmon steaks and spread a little of our fresh sage pesto on them. They were placed in the skillet and the grill closed and dampers shut down. They cooked for 5 minutes, until the fish was flaky.

That is the white wine lemon herb sauce. 

1 cup white wine

2 shallots minced

1 garlic clove minced

the juice of one lemon (2 tbsp)

Fresh Parsley not a bunch but maybe 1/8 cup

7 tbsp of butter cut into 1 tbsp chunks

Melt 1 tbsp of the butter and saute the shallots and garlic until browned. Deglaze the pan by adding the wine and reduce by 2 thirds. Kill the heat and add the lemon juice. allow pan to cool slightly and add the remaining 6 tbsp of butter 1 tbsp at the time allowing each to melt slowly. Then add the Parsley.

Plated with the sauce, bow-tie pasta, Parmesan, and some green onion tops from our herb garden.  

Now I do all operations at once. The sauce starts first as it takes 15 minutes, the pasta boils as the sauce is being buttered, the fish goes in the grill while melting down the butter. Well prepared this meal take2 no more than 30 min to prep and cook.

Reactions: SmokinAl
Looks good. You have some pretty advanced technique and timing going on there!...JJ

Looks good. You have some pretty advanced technique and timing going on there!...JJ
Thank you,

I do not consider it advanced, just prepared and timed to ensure a fresh skillet dish. My pasta and sauce can hold....... but my Salmon can dry... or Cajun Lobster ( Craw-fish )........ Whoo ... Whoooo .... Whoooooooo ...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky