Cook sequence

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I am building a computer application to run my smoker. I will have some pictures at a later date, now I am in the design phase at the moment.

I love, eats lots of sausage and when I get home I will begin the project of making my own.

The question is for the sausage makers, if you could build a cook sequence, a set of target temperatures with a duration for each target, would that be useful to you?

Start at 130* no smoke for the first hour, then raise 10 degrees every hour up to 165.,mind you not all sausage cooks the same like summer sausage that hits a stall and set there for several hour before resuming the cook sometimes rather fast. Use a themometer in the meat. I prefer to pull mine at 152-158 but thats not always the case. I have had to dial it up to 200* or so a couple times to get over the stall but watch the IT of the sausage because it can fat-out at 170 and you will have ruined your sausage and it will get crumbly.

hoity toit hoity toit At this point I have a smoker thermometer and 4 probes. They are currently independent. Are you suggesting making the switch to a new smoker target based on the IT of the sausage?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky