Concoction of awesomeness!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hmm so if I wanted to try it? Where would I go to buy one?
Just google can cooker. They are sold online, bass pro, cabelas, local sporting goods stores, tractor supply etc! Mine is probably 8 years old. I know they have some newer models, but everything is still pretty much the same concept. I believe there are 3 different sizes. We opted on the big one because of having 3 boys plus us to feed. Its not like you have to fill it all the way up to use it. Having the big one makes it nice, because you can do a meal for a few or a meal for a multitude! Do yourself a favor and get the wire rack that goes on the bottom to help a lot of your food from getting scorched and burnt to the bottom of the pot, (really sucks trying to get that clean).
About 5 years ago, we did an event called eat wild. Probably 5-600 people attended. One of my jobs was to keep prepping food, filling and making can cookers all day long. (we had a lot of other stuff going as well) .
It is yet, just another great tool to have in the arsenal of MFGA! (Making Food Great Again)

My brain short-circuited trying to keep up with the flavors...but I'd be first in line for a bowl of that hearty goodness!
Just dump whatever sounds good into it lol!

What a fitting title! I garrontee I would tear into that! I have the small CanCooker and need to do this only on a smaller scale. Oh man, dump it on a half sheet and dig in. Epic post and pics Buckeyedude Buckeyedude .
Awesome man! You can do soo much with them!

That looks awesome. I have the smaller can cooker and these things are awesome.
Thanks! They really are a lot of fun and very versatile! The way those neck bones came out, has me thinking of doing some ribs in it! Along with all of the fixins of course!

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks good uh well maybe interesting is a better term.
I haven't a hodge podge of food as that since I was in college and my single years.
I've looked at can cookers and never saw a practical use for one.
You'd think there would be one of those in every Cajun kitchen

Buckeyedude Buckeyedude I posted before I googled. Now I gonna have to explain why another cookin toy (wifes term) showed up. LoL
lol, just look up some of the many recipes out there for it, make her something tasty, then explain to her how much more it would of cost if you had waited until next year or later to get it........

Looks good uh well maybe interesting is a better term.
I haven't a hodge podge of food as that since I was in college and my single years.
I've looked at can cookers and never saw a practical use for one.
You'd think there would be one of those in every Cajun kitchen
I will always have one after using this one so much! There is a multitude of less "hodge podge" recipes out there for it. I just chose this one to save some bank on feeding 2 doz coworkers!
Cajun kitchen wise, fish and shrimp would be way overcooked in this if they were all started at the same time. I did look into several years ago and they said to do your normal cook for 25-30 minutes, add fish and shrimp, then continue another 10-15.
To each their own!

I was getting worried you forgot the onions but they were the grand finale. I'm a fan of old fashioned pressure cookers and have cooked many potatoes but have never tried rice so you've inspired me. I understand now why you use a whole can of pop. I don't know what the cans use for pressure relief but don't let it become a bomb! The pc's hole for the jiggler weight is sized for a std round toothpick and it's important to ream it out regularly

Reactions: Buckeyedude
I was getting worried you forgot the onions but they were the grand finale. I'm a fan of old fashioned pressure cookers and have cooked many potatoes but have never tried rice so you've inspired me. I understand now why you use a whole can of pop. I don't know what the cans use for pressure relief but don't let it become a bomb! The pc's hole for the jiggler weight is sized for a std round toothpick and it's important to ream it out regularly
The lid on a can cooker has a vent hole. They are more of a steamer than a pressure cooker.

I was out of onions when I was filling it up. That's why they were on top, I added them and some fresh garlic the next day. I prefer to have them farther down in when it's loaded for bear, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
As for the full can of pop. I always use at least 1 no matter the amount of food in it. I usually go more if there is a lot of meat and rice. Saves some stuff from drying out.

• Haha
Reactions: bill1
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky