• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Come with me on a Brisket journey.

boomersooner

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2014
Ok so my rub will consist of salt, onion and garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, coarse black pepper, and brown sugar.

hickorybutt

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 4, 2014
What temp are you running at? What kind of smoking wood? How long has it been in?

Me like details.....

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
I'm in for this one. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Disco

boomersooner

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2014
In the past I always finished in the oven, but it always becomes shredded beef way too tender. Today I want the slices to stay intact and still be tender.

noshrimp

Smoke Blower
Joined Sep 22, 2012
I can't wait to see the final pics. Looks like you are in for an awesome brisket.

Noshrimp

boomersooner

Fire Starter
Joined Feb 17, 2014
Seems to be stalled at 160 , and I couldn't be happier about it. More time to drink beer and it is breaking down internally at that temp. Smoke right on through it baby!

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Seems to be stalled at 160 , and I couldn't be happier about it. More time to drink beer and it is breaking down internally at that temp. Smoke right on through it baby!
Ah, a man after my own heart. Smoking is supposed to be slow.

Disco

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.