Collard greens. If you've never tried you don't know what you're missing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Being from the deep deep south we know collard greens. Soul food!! My grandmother showed me how to cook them when I was 10 years old. Turnip greens and mustard greens as well. Good job! Add a little sugar. You will like it!

Oh yeah! Love em. When I was a kid. Our neighbors, deep relocated southerns. Got me hooked on these. They grew them in their garden. And put homemade sausage in with it. Or hocks. Loved it. And them. God rest their souls. Today I use fresh or canned greens. But cook them the same way. And I put Kielbasa in with it. And let in slow cook all day. Then plate up with the Kielbasa on a roll with sweat and spicy mustard. And a load of greens on the side. For the past 15 years I've been working with Italians. And have grown very fond of beans and greens. Which I'm still trying to make. My last few tries were sad.

Wife is from Seattle but with Alabama roots. Made a point of visiting Muscle Shoals studios when we were in town for a family reunion a few years ago. Greens, and the pot licker, are a regular item around here along with black eyed peas on New Years.
Very inspiring Holly.

Awesome can do me in on those greens and sausage. Gary chard is a very tender leaf green cooks like and mildly taste like spinach. Stems cook up very tender as well no matter how large they are. But you can use the same seasoning as Holly did.

Warren

Chard is easy to grow and does not bold during hot weather. Some people cut the large stems out and cook them like asparagus with butter and salt and pepper.

Holly2015 Thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky