Collagen Casings stuffing timing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
Can I stuff them the night before and rest in the fridge and smoke the next day? I have always stuffed in the morning and smoked then. I just want to make sure they won't get soft and fall apart.

Made 20# of mettwurst and stuffed and sitting in the fridge to smoke tomorrow and wanted to stuff my 20# of pepperoni for snack sticks which is made now and resing in a meat tub. I want to stuff it tomorrow while smoking the mettwurst and rest in a meat tub until monday morning to smoke while I am working from home.

Collagen is tough stuff. It won't fall apart...JJ

Reactions: archeryrob
I stuff and let rest overnight and smoke the next day.
It gives the flavors time to meld together.
in the winter I just use my dehydrator so there is no need to let them dry off before cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky